mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #61 (permalink)
Woodsball Connoisseur

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
This sounds like fun! I love shooting a well tuned mech Spyder. I wouldn't put a price cap on the guns themselves, as long as everyone's shooting mechanical blowbacks with a gravity fed non-agitated 200rnd hopper. That way someone can still bring a custom annodized/rare marker as long as it's still blowback.
Xbox live: Grendal50
Grendal50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:29 PM   #62 (permalink)
all work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilgar View Post
The problem with enforcing that is you automaticaly force out a LOT of paintball players who other wise would love to play a tourney in that upholds the "spirit" of what your asking.

for example, a low rate of fire tourney I would love to play that...I do not own a blowback, I do not have any intention of buying one for a tourney and I don't want to rent a beat up 98 when I have four perfectly good, functional markers that will all fit the "spirit" of the tourney rules...
^This

How about no batteries, 1 shot per trigger cycle, max (insert arbitrary number) ball hopper, optionally max (insert arbitrary number) balls per match.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:35 PM   #63 (permalink)

so autocockers dont fall in the blow back category do they?
TFrevold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:12 PM   #64 (permalink)
Aces and eights

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
There's been talk about the cost of new equipment potentially keeping players out who don't already have a blowback and don't want to spend the money, but if the cost of less than a case of paint will keep someone out, I doubt that player was really that interested to begin with. Every new format requires new equipment if one happens to not own the required equipment; this game is specifically designed in part to keep the cost low.

If this event actually happens, I may have to travel down to Georgia and RE-INVADE THE SOUTH JUST LIKE MY YANKEE ANCESTORS.

...does that help to start drawing teams?

Last edited by Axel; 11-21-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #65 (permalink)
Aces and eights

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFrevold View Post
so autocockers dont fall in the blow back category do they?
They do not. They use a low-pressure ram to re-cock the bolt via an external pneumatic system. A blow-back shoots a bast of air directly back at the hammer when the valve opens, forcing it back behind the sear.
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:24 AM   #66 (permalink)

So under this made up tournament style I couldnt use one of my many autocockers
Old 11-22-2012, 08:54 AM   #67 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFrevold View Post
So under this made up tournament style I couldnt use one of my many autocockers
No, just like you couldn't use it in a pump tourney, or a pistols-only game .

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:59 AM   #68 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

I think your back to basic league needs to reconsidered on the name. With a blowback only league your intent is pretty clear. What if I who up with a typhoon? Its pretty basic at least in time frame. I think it is going to be vital to avoid hard feelings and upset players that your name is pretty clear.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #69 (permalink)
Four-eyed Freak

"Blow-Back Cup"? (BBC)

I gotta agree with Axel - the total equipment cost for the BBC is less than the cost of a case of paint --- and players will use less paint than in a "Screamin' Space-gun" tourney --- which should help offset the inconvenience of having to buy (or borrow, or rent, or just fix up) a Blow-Back.

Something that has been mentioned is that current tournament players may not want to partake of an event with so many tech restrictions. This is a patently false argument as there are pump events in both NPPL and PSP, and stock play enjoys a fairly healthy following. On the other hand, the guys who love high-rate electro play may choose not to avail themselves of the BBC - that's okay, they already have their niche, and I have no interest in altering it in any way (they seem happy).

It does not matter where the line is drawn, it will make some unhappy. The restriction against the use of Auto-triggers in stock is a good example. As I've said, I put the line where I did for a bunch of reasons. Would I ever be able to actually pull this off? No clue! But it may be my New-Year's resolution. Wost case: BBC never gets off the ground, but have an excuse to play at more fields in the ATL (we have many, and they are pretty nice).

WARNING: TOPIC DRIFT!!!
Now, for youse guys what wanna play with 'mags, 'cockers, an' whatnot...

Idea: Have teams made up of players using exclusively one marker (all mag, all cocker, all blazer, all Desert Fox, Sovereign... etc.) They play other teams using the same equip until you end up with "Best in class". Then the top teams from each class compete until there is a "Best in Event" gun type. Add limitations to taste (limited paint, gravity only, non-agitator hopper, whatever). It would sure be one heckova thing to watch! RABID fans!
Now go discuss this on another thread

Last edited by ironnerd88; 11-23-2012 at 09:22 AM.
ironnerd88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #70 (permalink)

So I guess id hafta invest in a flatlined A-5 then eh meh still would rather play with a cocker pass on this style I would definately do a mechanical only no RT class of paintball

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone