mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-22-2012, 03:15 AM   #101 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Why do some people like old classic cars?
Why do some people like antiques?
Why do some people prefer fancy microbrews to big labels like Coors or Bud?
Why do some people prefer chopping their ingredients for a soup by hand vs using a food processor?
Why do some people think they NEED the newest gee whiz electronic gadget?

Same idea for all of that. It's all personal taste and preference. Around here, there are a greater number of people into older stuff since that was the main focus of MCB for many years.

I'm not going to say anything is better than another. Some of us have really crappy luck when it comes to electronic things. Some of us also prefer heavier guns. (I swear I put off some magnetic field or something that makes electronics screw up fairly frequently. I also would rather have something heavier than a phantom.)

Playing with something older can be fun- sometimes it's a struggle. It's neat to have a piece of history to work on and use. I like having a couple of things that are nearly my age or older.

Really, personal preference.

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #102 (permalink)
Post Whore

That's something of note too. Time and Time again I see guys with electros go out of the game on a rainy scenario cause their little space dildo went kapoots on them. I laugh.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #103 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
That's something of note too. Time and Time again I see guys with electros go out of the game on a rainy scenario cause their little space dildo went kapoots on them. I laugh.
I have played in heavy rain and never actually witnessed this

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:03 PM   #104 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
RatFink - here is an example, I got a Southern Pneumatics Phoenix off of Sean Chip. I had always wanted one cuz they fit my criteria for things that interest me; the are offbeat, they are rare (~200 made), and I think they are cool looking

I took it out and played with it

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._7221204_n.jpg

this is just me, and I am not representative of the majority in any way - nor would I ever want to be. I play for fun, I do what I do because it amuses me and I enjoy it. I honestly didn't ever expect to sway the OP to my point of view with my responses to this thread, but to offer explanation towards the why. I mean, I can understand why people play with electros even if I don't feel compelled to myself. To each his own, and let's go have fun!
Hey! I recognize that gun! And while it isn't exactly soft on paint I wouldn't say it was a blender, yes I have played with it too. The biggest problem we have had was one of my son's used it when I wasn't there and the barrel came off on the field and he couldn't figure out how to reattach it.

Like Don, I had seen a Phoenix when they were new and HAD to have one but funds and opportunity never came together until this summer when we traded a Vector for a Phoenix. While it won't replace my level 7 Mag, I still like to play with it, much like my other Vector, autococker, Icon Z-1, Illustrator 1 2 and 4, VM 68, 68 Special ect.

You are too hard on your old SMG. As Doc mentioned earlier, the SMG was a close quarters gun. Also as mentioned, there were very few manufactured and the price is indicative of that. For the other guns, I love the crowd that gathers when I show up just to see what old oddity I am going to use this time. I enjoy how most refs have to ask me what gun I am using because it looks like nothing they have ever seen before. While I am a Mag fan I love the sound of a well timed cocker clacking along like a sewing machine, it's just so much fun to shoot.
A big part of it is that I wanted all these new guns when they came out and was never able to justify spending the money on them then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
You'll have a tough time finding a nicer group of people on the internet(even if our opinions all suck).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalsilence View Post
I've dealt with canadians several times and I usually undercharge by 2-5 dollars cause I feel bad for them sometimes. Just my 2cents.

feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...k-big-jim.html
big jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:47 PM   #105 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
I do frequently last time was at OA before it became oxcc and i believe had a sshocker or something similar I don't know electros like that
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:55 PM   #106 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
it's a space dildo, it would probably break without the rain anyway.

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone