mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #81 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymcneer View Post
Level 5 Automag. It was the best marker on the field, at the time.

Ty
I had a level 5 for a few of months before the team captain rounded them them up for free level 7 upgrades. I was very skeptical when I got it back; crown point, power feed, no foamy, and my power tube was welded shut.

I bought a piranha LB when they were "new" in Houston. I thought that was hot stuff.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:26 PM   #82 (permalink)
MCB Member

My first higher end would have to be my Shocktech SFL E-Series Autococker, I think the original retail on it was something like $1650 or something ridiculous like that. I bought it new from NPS's bargain table at a big game as "as-is". Got it for $560 with a "bad" board and other issues. Walked over to the Planet Eclipse tent and they had it running in less than 5 minutes. That was back in 2004-5 ish, the E2's weren't out yet from what I remember. Still have it today and I never use it anymore, it just stays in its case looking awesome.

My first high end for its time pump is my 2008 Grey Ghost. Bought it new and its awesome, other than having a direct feed option that looks good I can't think of much I would really complain about. I love it though, it comes with me every time I go out to play.
Finished before you can commit a crime

Last edited by DarkNinja; 01-01-2013 at 09:29 PM.
DarkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #83 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I had a level 5 for a few of months before the team captain rounded them them up for free level 7 upgrades. I was very skeptical when I got it back; crown point, power feed, no foamy, and my power tube was welded shut.

I bought a piranha LB when they were "new" in Houston. I thought that was hot stuff.
My first markers were brand new Nelspot... They were available locally, but were $250, so I located a wholesaler, scrapped up the cash and bought 15 for $150 each. I resold most of them for $200 and kept one for myself. That Nelspot saw a lot of upgrades... Direct feed, an oil can hopper made from a Quaker State plastic oil can, constant air made from a 2.5 pound fire extinguisher bottle with a Thermo valve swapped in... Finally it was upgraded to a BBA and a J and J Nelson Performer kit.

I acquired a second hand KP2 and a PGP.

As I got out for a while around late 1990/early 1991, the last marker I acquired was the Level 5 Automag. I still have it, and even take it out once in a while. The marker is like using a tank... Nearly indestructible.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak compatible and Equation inserts in .665, .670, .675, .678, .680 and .685

Current Freak compatible inserts in stock:
.665 = 0, .670 = 16, .675 = 3, .678 = 4, .680 = 4, .682 = 4, .685 = 11

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock now available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO
tymcneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #84 (permalink)

My first nice gun was a Sandridge. It worked perfectly but I couldn't afford to feed it at the time.
NotBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:37 PM   #85 (permalink)
Radical!

WGP 2k3 cocker. Still considered high end at the time, i think.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #86 (permalink)
on temporary hiatus

My first "better than a basic stack-tubed blowback" was an ANS 'cocker, the slab-sided right-feed model before the "swoopy" GX3 came out, can't remember what they called those. That didn't last long because I couldn't leave off messing with the timing and whatnot.

Then it was a Tribal BBT 2.2 which served me well for a year or so before I sold it to a friend who effed it up and sold it back to me (and then I fixed it and sold it to another Tribal aficionado). Oh, and had one of each of the different Tribals out there, but they also got sold off, didn't really play with any of them.

Then let's see, had several 'mags (all Level 7s, nothing spectacular), all the parts for a sweet micro-cocker (half-blocked Jackal RDL mini body) but never got together or working, an '05 PMR, an Invert Mini, an '05 Matrix, and finally settled on an Infinity Legend for my current high-end electro. Plan on getting a CCM T2 at some point, and when the Legend dies, because they don't make it anymore, I'll probably settle on an Invert Axe for my electro choice.

That doesn't count practically every model of marker Tippmann made up to the Model 98 Custom, don't really count those as "high end" considering when I had them, but they were part of the collection.

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

My feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #87 (permalink)
S.M.I.T.H.

Send a message via AIM to LudavicoSoldier

LED Angel

Dark Lord of The S.M.I.T.H.
BPS Twister Sniper
BPS Autococker Gallery
MCB Feedback Thread
LudavicoSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #88 (permalink)
Stock Class Rec Baller

Black right feed WGP Autococker with a red hinge, Dye Boomstick, metal shroud cover. Scored it on eBay in around 03/04 for a great deal back then. This was after my Piranha. But it never got used, I have owned a few that I never even played with!
MCB +24/-0
iamthelazerviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:48 PM   #89 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

05 icd freestyle. Bought it after I quit a job of 12 years & drew out my retirement. I think I paid $650 for it. Absolutely loved it but as I always do I sold it & moved on to something else before long.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

DO NOT DEAL WITH eXotiC1nE!!
homerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #90 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
07 ego... before that it was a pile of a5's & my trusty pro-carbine

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone