mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
No class
 
RatFink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ronapour

How to ship to Canada without getting bent over?

I have tried a few methods and keep getting my pants pulled down one the cost of shipping. Every Canadian says don't ship UPS, so I don't. I head down to my unfriendly local USPS with some boxes. Sometimes, they tell me, after the fact, that if I could have used a flat rate box I would have saved a few bucks. no big deal, What's a few bucks anyway? today, I go with the medium flat rate box and it's friggin' $32 to ship a marker in the flat rate (that was advertised as $12 and I sent a F'ing envelope for $12 that said $5... What the hell? Of course the people there don't want to help me understand the intricacies of their methods. Just shuffle through, there is a long line after all.... How do you ship north of the border?
<<edit>> Oops, I meant to throw this up in the "Ask the experts section" sorry...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
If you can't be bothered to pick up your 12 grams, you don't deserve to be playing on a field. You have pockets. Use them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lew View Post
As bad as US gun laws are, thank God we can still shoot at RC planes with machineguns.
Feedback

Last edited by RatFink; 11-24-2012 at 04:02 PM.
RatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012

I've always just used USPS, first class mail. It's cheap and relatively quick. I've never shipped markers though, only soft goods.
alpha Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
won't look at the camera
 
Chappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Secretly policing you...

Fan of EMR
USPS is the best. They don't charge brokerage fees, which can equal or exceed the cost of shipping. This is why everyone says no ups.
__________________

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.


My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
camocow200
 
woouulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: victorville ,Cali

International Price Calculator
__________________
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

WTF,why would i trade for that?

Ebay, camocow200 (910) 100% positive
MCB 275 +
woouulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
No class
 
RatFink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ronapour

Yeah, Woouulf! Thanks man.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
If you can't be bothered to pick up your 12 grams, you don't deserve to be playing on a field. You have pockets. Use them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lew View Post
As bad as US gun laws are, thank God we can still shoot at RC planes with machineguns.
Feedback
RatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFink View Post
I have tried a few methods and keep getting my pants pulled down one the cost of shipping. Every Canadian says don't ship UPS, so I don't. I head down to my unfriendly local USPS with some boxes. Sometimes, they tell me, after the fact, that if I could have used a flat rate box I would have saved a few bucks. no big deal, What's a few bucks anyway? today, I go with the medium flat rate box and it's friggin' $32 to ship a marker in the flat rate (that was advertised as $12 and I sent a F'ing envelope for $12 that said $5... What the hell? Of course the people there don't want to help me understand the intricacies of their methods. Just shuffle through, there is a long line after all.... How do you ship north of the border?
<<edit>> Oops, I meant to throw this up in the "Ask the experts section" sorry...
i think it goes the same the other way too. had to pay handling fees with my retro 7 from canada through ups. so if you're trading i would opt for usps as well.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Total wreath
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Las Vegas

CCM Fan
I've had problems with USPS to other countries. In the fine print it says can take up to 28 days
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Possible Gun Whore
 
need4reebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Phx, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilgar View Post
This how to ship to Canada thread is hidden in the ask the experts thread.

Wish it was more visible.

is there any way to make this a sticky thread in the B/S/T section?
need4reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Keys_JR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredxcam View Post
I've had problems with USPS to other countries. In the fine print it says can take up to 28 days
The fine print to Canada say 14 days, everywhere else it's 28. At least that's what I have seen.
__________________
My Feedback
Keys_JR is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC