mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
E-Tac Operator =

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
I suspect that "mech-only" will quickly turn into a league full of the fastest type of gun permitted under whatever rules are settled on. Of course, the same can probably be said for blow-back.
I agree with both statements. Set equipment rules, and people will push the envelope within those rules. Set gameplay rules, and it doesn't matter what equipment is being used so long as the gameplay can be enforced.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

right so you have to set your rules so as to anticipate that reaction. If the bar is so high, how can you expect people to only reach halfway. If you want them at halfway, then lower the bar to there.

wanted: got most of it for now.

currently in China
James_Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:42 AM   #13 (permalink)

I just dont want people to be butt hurt theyre favorite mechanical gun is limited some how.
TFrevold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #14 (permalink)

Honestly, theres limited paint leagues already that struggle to get people. Tournament paintball is a niche sport as it is. Mech tournament paintball, where a lot of current players will need to regress and get a mech marker just doesnt seem like it would take off to me.
Cottontail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #15 (permalink)

im not trying to make people regress im trying to appeal to the people who played back in the 90's/early 2000s that probably still have theyre mechanical guns. Personally I have 27 paintball guns 20 of which are mechanical.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #16 (permalink)

Don't get me wrong, I love to play mech. I just think the amount of leagues in paintball is already massive.

If you can get something organized, it looks like you're in Akron, Oh which is about 1/5 hours from me. I'd pick up another GoG enemy and play. Limiting specific guns you don't consider as mechanical is whats going to limit your market. I mean an a5 may have the cyclone system, but its also a massively popular mechanical marker, so quite a few people have them.

I say go all mechanical, but if you don't allow pneumatic triggers, I don't see how an RT trigger is anymore fair.
Cottontail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:40 AM   #17 (permalink)

does that mean your 12 minutes away? lol i said id consider limiting no a5s with cyclones but what ya gonna do. REal question comes to qloaders and all the other goofie hoppers.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
Discovered the Hidden Cup

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Ok, here's what I would do:
1. No batteries
2. No RT
3. Gravity hopper only
Yes this excludes A-5s. If you start making exceptions, your rules get overly complicated. Everyone owns a gravity hopper. If not, they are $5.
By limiting the feed, you limit the advantage of faster guns, so no one gun clearly dominates, and everyone can pick their favorite mech gun without suffering an ROF disadvantage.
My condolences to the A-5, but it would become the only gun in the league. Of course, maybe then you could get Tippmann to sponsor the event.
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:34 PM   #19 (permalink)

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Also, pick your target audience. MCBers are generally are generally equipped for any style as long as you give them an hour or two to root through storage. If you go outside MCB then equipment is going to be limiting, but really, how many players outside this site will be interested in mech? We are a niche segment within a niche sport. No matter what you do, participation will be something of a problem.

The professional leagues are struggling now, aren't they? Honestly, best of luck to you, but both this and the blow back league are going to be nothing but thought experiments, and maybe a couple of backyard games at best.
Feedback
Old 11-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #20 (permalink)

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
I hope I'm wrong. I don't mean to come off so negative, and am trying to be helpful on hopes that one of these might take off, because I would love to play either format.
Feedback

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone