mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #21 (permalink)

even if some local field picked it up for league play it could catch on past that.
TFrevold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #22 (permalink)

Something like this I don't think you can do on a local level without some serious mech players.

Look into Valley City Paintball, they run all mech, pump, or magfed all the time.
Cottontail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #23 (permalink)

Youd need to start it on a local level otherwise its would turn into the pro crap thats an issue now. I donno where your at but NE Ohio has a fairly stable tourney crowd do to TPA's lineup.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
It may not be the original intent of the thread, but if you are trying to:
  • limit the complexity of rules
  • avoid having to disqualify certain (popular) guns
  • avoid over-saturation of leagues
  • draw from a large base of players

You could add a single rule to whatever pre-existing rules exist for the tournament/league:
  • Gravity hoppers only (no batteries, agitation, force-feed, spring, or air-assist), 200 rd limit per game

Players could use whatever they brought with them and field operators generally have plenty of VL200s available. It isn't a mech-league, but it does fulfil the spirit of trying to cut down on ROF and provide a more enjoyable game for everyone, new and experienced alike.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:41 PM   #25 (permalink)

I think hopper agitation is fine with mechanical guns its not like they have eyes ur gonna chop it and blow it all over the place.

Derp First strike rounds only lol That would cut down on rapid fire whos gonna go out blowing 300 dollars a round :P
Old 11-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #26 (permalink)
All Hail Harb!

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFrevold View Post
I think hopper agitation is fine with mechanical guns its not like they have eyes ur gonna chop it and blow it all over the place.

Derp First strike rounds only lol That would cut down on rapid fire whos gonna go out blowing 300 dollars a round :P
I've been using a rotor on my GoG enemy with no breaks. I've seen my buddies Mag with a warp feed shoot over 30bps with no breaks.

Gravity feed is the way to go.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

I have seen a lot of different things about what this would do.

As a producer ask yourself: what is it your intent to accomplish with this?

Now tailor the rules directly to that. If its "less paint in the air" make rules that directly address paint.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful" Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:24 PM   #28 (permalink)
08sdekim

Brass and Wood Fan
I think only allowing gravity hoppers is the way to go. The hopper is the ultimate ROF limiter across all platforms. Something like an eNMy, primo, and 45/45 would make one mean little mech leaguer.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #29 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Is the assumption that a mech league will have a lower ROF? Perhaps technically it would but I doubt it would be enough to matter

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful" Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #30 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
When our pump/limited paint club was playing a lot, we would sometimes allow players with electros in when our numbers were a little low. I don't recall ever restricting hoppers, they were told to keep it reasonable, knowing that we would kick them off the field if they started getting crazy.

That does require respect and authority though, we were pretty much able to run the field at our games.

It is just something to note. As was said before, it is often the nut behind the trigger that is the problem.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone