mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #41 (permalink)

Idea behind it is people can use whatever mech gun they have available to them not to pigeon hole it out the gate. you actually gotta learn how to shoot it fast not just switch it to ramp mode and tap the trigger a couple times to send a stream of paint out. You also will need to work on accuracy since actually having to pull the trigger will move your aim more then an electro. Holy **** if its overcast outside and it starts to drizzle Everyone doesnt run off the field covering they're electro gun like its a newborn.
TFrevold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:57 PM   #42 (permalink)

As much as i like the idea of the Blowback idea i also would love a turny were Mags and Cockers were king again. The Revi idea i love but sadly revies have not been offered for many many years and not every one could get one. I think if you put a limit on hoppers at all it have to be a shake and shoot only rule other wise you are limiting too much on equipment.

Guns like the Tippmann A5 with a built in hopper should not be allowed simply because it is a force feed hopper. I dont think (i have owned two A5s) that the Cyclone feed is a large advantage.

I can personally gurrentee if a Mech only turny popped up around here i would join in. I may shoot my RT ULE Custom Automag or my Classic 68 Automag or maybe even my Tippmann Pro/Carbine.

Another thing id question is if you are allowing mech only guns would you allow Pumps. Obviously pumps are at a dissadvantage even compared to some blowbacksand there are pump only games and sutch but what damage can allowing them in mech only games hurt.
TinyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #43 (permalink)

Pumps fine in my book
Old 11-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #44 (permalink)
Banned

Stop worrying about RT. Its not the giant killer some are making it out to be, and just how many RTs are even out there? NOT MANY. Any mech semi, any loader, and roll with it.
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #45 (permalink)

RT can only go as fast as the hopper I wasnt worried.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #46 (permalink)
Four-eyed Freak

I did give my 'Fox a test with the VL-200 in place of the normal 9v Revolution. No issues. No chopped balls or anything like that. I just had to bump it once in a while to maintain flow. Bursts of 5-8 were typical due to the length of the hopper-neck, elbow, and power feed. My 'Fox and I shoot at 8bps most days - maybe a little quicker with an RT, but you still only get 5-8 balls before you gotta shake.

The unknown quantity is the new non-mech hoppers with the internal bridge (Tacamao Arc and Proto Primo). I have not tested one yet, but there are claims of 11 bps from the Tcacmo, and Proto claims 8+bps for the Primo.

Good luck on this, if you bring it to North Georgia, I'm in.

Last edited by ironnerd88; 12-10-2012 at 06:39 AM.
ironnerd88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:12 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyBear View Post
Guns like the Tippmann A5 with a built in hopper should not be allowed simply because it is a force feed hopper. I dont think (i have owned two A5s) that the Cyclone feed is a large advantage.
I'm currently working on a gravity series here, in Poland.
Hardware limitations I figured are:
-electros in semi only mode with gravity hopper + 1 pod
-mechs with gravity hopper + 1 pod
-a-5s with mech frame or in semi mode and a 50-60rd tac-cap + 1 pod
-any pumps + 1 pod or 20 tubes

We often struggle to gather 8 3-man teams here so such compromises are necessary

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone