mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Mech Only League (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/219584-mech-only-league.html)

TFrevold 11-26-2012 04:08 PM

Mech Only League
 
Inspired by the back to basics league lets see if we can come up with a better plan.

I say mechanical only paintball gun with 12v revvies. basicly 1996 :P

This lets you use any mechanical gun be it cocker/mag/blowback/modded mechanical Ion you name it.

Lets make the fields bigger again and go 10 man that way its not a machine gun fight off the break hoping you hit someone.

Lohman446 11-26-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TFrevold (Post 2544614)
Inspired by the back to basics league lets see if we can come up with a better plan.

I say mechanical only paintball gun with 12v revvies. basicly 1996 :P

This lets you use any mechanical gun be it cocker/mag/blowback/modded mechanical Ion you name it.

Lets make the fields bigger again and go 10 man that way its not a machine gun fight off the break hoping you hit someone.

Make sure you identify what is trigger bounce. This was the biggest problem at the end of the mechanical era.

TFrevold 11-26-2012 04:14 PM

not really a problem if ur gun can shoot 30 bps for the 8-10 balls in the stack so be it. semi auto whatever

ta2maki 11-26-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TFrevold (Post 2544614)
.....its not a machine gun fight off the break hoping you hit someone.

You do know machine guns fire in the 12 rounds per second range. Right around the rate revys feed.

Big problem with these things is it always devolves into people wanting the rules set so that their favorite gun is at the top.

Justus 11-26-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ta2maki (Post 2544703)
Big problem with these things is it always devolves into people wanting the rules set so that their favorite gun is at the top.

^^^ This is the truth. The simple thing to do is to just make your rules = your goals with the format, and then enforce them, not to try and come up with a huge list of restrictions on equipment to maybe get the type of gameplay you desire.

Lohman446 11-26-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TFrevold (Post 2544614)
Inspired by the back to basics league lets see if we can come up with a better plan.

I say mechanical only paintball gun with 12v revvies. basicly 1996 :P

This lets you use any mechanical gun be it cocker/mag/blowback/modded mechanical Ion you name it.

Lets make the fields bigger again and go 10 man that way its not a machine gun fight off the break hoping you hit someone.

If your goal is to recreate 1996 perhaps the easier rule would be to allow only markers and modifications that were readily available in 1996. Maybe this does not apply to barrels and air tanks for availability and safety reasons but it could apply to the marker. The only difficulty is enforcement - you would have to have a tremendous amount of knowledge. It might be easiest to make a list of "acceptable" markers and have people check the list before hand or ask if there obscure item is not on it. For instance (and I am just guessing)

Automags:
Classic 68's are allowed including their variants (ie mini-mags)
Classic RTs are allowed.
All classic steel bodies are allowed

RT PROs, retro valves (non classic), level tens are not allowed.
ULE bodies are not allowed

James_Blond 11-26-2012 05:51 PM

^ now you cluttered up his simple guidelines though. The way I read his post is 12v revvies only(or similar agitating loader?) and any mech gun(no rt, pneu-triggers?, though still only effective as fast as the hopper feeds). Rate of fire is capped only by fingers and loader.

His point about eliminating the machine gun battle off the break, was not the firepower, but the laning. He eliminated this by lengthening the field to where you aren't in range to lane. Sounds like fun to me.

heinous 11-26-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Blond (Post 2544739)
^ now you cluttered up his simple guidelines though. The way I read his post is 12v revvies only(or similar agitating loader?) and any mech gun(no rt, pneu-triggers?, though still only effective as fast as the hopper feeds). Rate of fire is capped only by fingers and loader.

His point about eliminating the machine gun battle off the break, was not the firepower, but the laning. He eliminated this by lengthening the field to where you aren't in range to lane. Sounds like fun to me.

people will just stay in the back.

just put more thought into bunker layouts so that there are multiple ways out so that you won't get pinned down by just 1 guy laning you. make sure no single bunker has full sight of all bunkers before it.

Axel 11-26-2012 10:35 PM

Yeah? Well, I'm gonna build my own league! With blackjack! And hookers! In fact, forget the paintball!

Seriously, though, simplicity is going to do it for either 'league.' The ROF cap is the easiest, most straightforward & consistent way to limit paint, it's just really hard to do with mechs directly. Indirectly, hopper type isn't a bad way to go. Mechanism type works, too, but is a little less exact. I suspect that "mech-only" will quickly turn into a league full of the fastest type of gun permitted under whatever rules are settled on. Of course, the same can probably be said for blow-back.

TFrevold 11-26-2012 10:48 PM

12v was an example I dont want to limit guns to the point of if it actually became a style of play every ref had to check all Automags on the field to see if it was a level 10 or not. Im just saying no batteries. tbh i dont want to include A5's do to the cyclone feed but meh im all about mechanical. Longer fields makes requires more cordinated movements past the break if you cant long ball some dude across the field you need to move up not just sit in the back and hammer on the trigger till he decides to poke his grape out.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC