mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Yet another league idea! (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/219704-yet-another-league-idea.html)

Blender 11-27-2012 07:47 PM

Yet another league idea!

Okay, so a few league ideas have popped up recently, so I thought I'd throw my own into the mix.

Each player is provided a pocket hopper which must be mounted directly to the marker with an elbow or vertical feed, and one bag of paint for the games that day. Players can use their paint however they choose, but if they run out, they're done, and the paint they have left at the end of a game gets added to their score in some way. (1 point for every 10 balls, or something)

To me this solves a few problems. The A5, mag fed markers, warp feed etc. are eliminated because the hopper can't be mounted directly. This might make those players mad, but it also prevents them from having an advantage. Aside from those, any other gun is fair game. The pocket hopper limits ROF and the amount of shooting that can go on in any given game. The limited paint and emphasis on conserving paint also cuts down on the shooting.

Ideally, this would be played on a large field with neither team in direct view of the other.

Thoughts?

Chappy 11-27-2012 08:03 PM

Hmmmm, scoring for unused paint is a pretty interesting concept...

[MOOSE] 11-27-2012 08:10 PM

I would be down for it for sure. That's how I play almost every day anyways. Then my last game is usually when I throw my prophecy on my fast gun whatever it may be that day and just lay waste to the rest.

idkfa 11-27-2012 08:10 PM

On a slightly related note, the best fun I have had playing paintball was SC games where each player gets one tube per opponent to last two games. No scoring involved, but it made you play and shoot smart.

GoatBoy 11-27-2012 09:31 PM

Would you be allowed to pick up paint off the ground?

mooseslake 11-27-2012 09:50 PM

Why does everyone hate warp feeds? :confused:

Phobetor 11-27-2012 09:50 PM

Interesting, that sounds like a lot of fun. One problem I see is it turning into a waiting game. Both teams would sit there hoping the other uses up their paint so they can win easily while crippling the others score.

maggot 11-27-2012 09:51 PM

No point in limiting the feed systems (warp or A5) if the paint is already limited and points are added for players with paint remaining.

heinous 11-27-2012 09:56 PM

i'd be picking up paint from the ground after each game into my "counting bag"

Axel 11-27-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoatBoy (Post 2546124)
Would you be allowed to pick up paint off the ground?

Not the one I was looking for, but it works :D

The Whiteboard, a somewhat paintball-related webcomic by "Doc" Nickel