mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   What is wrong with my for sale ad? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/219712-what-wrong-my-sale-ad.html)

Ivan 11-27-2012 08:30 PM

What is wrong with my for sale ad?

I've been trying to sell some paintball things locally. However nothing is selling! Not even a response. But there are a ton of ads with similar stuff that are priced for more than mine. I personally think my stuff is priced fairly, I've been dropping the prices basically every day for the past 3 weeks.

What is wrong with my ad? My description, pics, prices? Or is it just the wrong season to sell?

Any advice would be great!

The ad can be found here: Awesome Paintball Stuff - Marker, Mask, HPA, Barrels - London Sports Goods For Sale - Kijiji London Canada.

Thanks very much!

*Mods: if linking my ad is against forum rules, let me know. Thanks!*

woouulf 11-27-2012 09:33 PM

events masks = Empire E Vents Mask Blue with Smoke and Clear lenses Mint! | eBay
I could search completed listsing and find everthing you have listed for less. Sorry..
Tank, looks very dated, no born date shown. overpriced by at least 50.00.
Revy 20.00 over priced
Stock Traccer is worth 60.00 and might not sell for that. with upgrades 100.00
take all for 500.00 ??? Not gonna happen..
Kiji and craigs list are for buyers looking for deals..Every once in a while youll find some looking for a certian item and are willing to pay asking price..When stuff is way over priced its not worth the time to make an offer...
I can tell by your listing all your stuff is worth more to you than its worth to anyone else.
Sorry..
For priceing items check items on ebay and then see what they have sold for(completed listings) and then figure the the seller received 20% less after fee's..
Heres a listing that will sell, its short , not to the point thats is boring to read and the person is not attached to his stuff and WANTs to sell..
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/spo/3374354691.html

The Inflicted 11-27-2012 09:46 PM

I'd agree. I don't know much about Kijiji, but if you were selling this on MCB the main thing is that your prices are too high. Also, you'll get a lot more for the Trracer if you part it out. The AFG and picatinny sights should be easy to sell for the right price, as would the old-shelled revvy.

maggot 11-27-2012 09:48 PM

You may see stuff posted that is priced higher... that's because it isn't sold.
Your prices are too high.

Ivan 11-27-2012 09:56 PM

Thanks for the response. In regards to the EVents, if you figure in shipping of that ebay one, which I would assume is $15, and then mine has one of those humidity fans in it, so I feel they are similar in price.

Trracer may be overpriced slightly though I've seen them on this site for $100 (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/pump-guns/219561-empire-trracer-$100-shipped.html), perhaps I am off by about $20-30 or so with the upgrades.

Tank is still in hydro, and has the Ninja reg on it, which was being sold on this site for $55 for the reg alone...

And the Revvy, a stock one is $20 I agree, but this has the sound board and upgraded paddles...

I do think my prices are in line with where they should be, perhaps a tad high I guess. But you are right, it's what buyers think, not me.

But thanks all for the responses! I will change my prices now.

*EDIT:* I dropped all the prices, I *hope* they are a little more competitive. I personally feel it's worth more than that, but perhaps it's because it's my very last paintball gear, and once this is gone, I'm out of the sport :( But nostalgia isn't something people will pay for!

Nobody 11-27-2012 10:04 PM

without even looking at your post, i would say that you should get pictures of your stuff with some good looking women(preferably scantily clad) to best show off your items. of course, you don't have to show their faces(to keep identities secret), so have them hold items across their stomachs. :D

tlane77 11-27-2012 10:10 PM

For all that stuff I would say $300 on the high side.

There's no formula for selling stuff but I think when it's a bundle, take the total price and cut it in half. That's what I would expect to get, but not what I would most likely get.

dukie 11-27-2012 10:29 PM

prices look more reasonable now. I thought I was going nuts for a minute when they changed while I was looking at the pics.

Part the reg? I have a standard ninja I could trade you :)

Going to be <1km from you on saturday over by the bog.

Ivan 11-28-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobody (Post 2546174)
without even looking at your post, i would say that you should get pictures of your stuff with some good looking women(preferably scantily clad) to best show off your items. of course, you don't have to show their faces(to keep identities secret), so have them hold items across their stomachs. :D

Seems to work on here! Problem is that my wife won't undress for paintball :(

Thanks for the offer Dukie, I assume you mean Sifton Bog? That's a really neat place, it's different when ever you go. I'd like to help you out with the reg, but I'd rather just sell it than trade. I'm trying to get rid of the last of my equipment.

Thanks all for the advice! I will continue dropping prices until it sells.

Do you think selling after Xmas might be a little easier?

Jaccen 11-28-2012 09:04 AM

Prices are in line. Kijiji in SW means haggle, haggle, haggle in my experience. I always pad mine a touch b/c people will usually offer you 30% - 50% of the price you've posted.

Examples of what I sold stuff for on Kijiji in the London area:
Empire Traccer (stock w/ adjustment wrench) - $90
Eggy II $25
Halo V35 w/ speedfeed $50
GxG urban camo vest $33
Lvl 7 Automag $85
4500psi HPA out of hydro (Crossfire & a CP) $55 a piece
Empire Magna (stock) $45
Brass Eagle Tigershark pump $30

The thing that I find usually seals the deal is I offer to deliver in the London and Woodstock area for free. Kitchener sometimes when the wife visits her Dad. Most of the people I've dealt with are younger than 18 and/or can't drive. I live in Woodstock and work in London so I'm there anyway and I stress that it's at a time convenient for me. Me delivering means I have something to counter when they offer such a low price.

From September to April, selling pb stuff on Kijiji here has been dead for me in the past. The summer is when it picks up again. Sucks for building up a Christmas fund, but it is what it is.

Where's the pics of the molle clothing/vest? I regularly play recball with 10-20 guys south of Woodstock. One of 'em might be interested. If you change your mind about playing, you're more than welcome to play, too. Cheers.