mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Talking How many markers is too many markers?

Hi all,

I just had a chat with Tiny from our forums here. I spoke to him about trading some goods for one of my markers. The unfortunately realization 5 or so PM's into the conversation is that I sold the marker I was going to send him about 3 months ago.

How do you know when you have had too many markers go through your hands? I think that's how for me. I have had 46 markers and have sold 43 of them. I still have a Palmer Pyre, CCI Phantom and another...that I just found in my closet that I entirely forgot about: In box Smart Parts epiphany with yellowing rubber.

Now that's when you've gone through too many.

How about you?
hawk1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
PPS Fan
I have 50 or so markers in the basement, and that is buy a drop in the bucket compared to Most here. Too many is when your Wife tells you it is too many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappadapink View Post
....bro, you just gave me a quarter chub.
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
I have about 35 on my pegboard, all complete, about 1/3 of which I haven't even screwed a bottle onto. On my kitchen table is a PGP, Thumper, SFT Shocker, and a Vector all in pieces. Then on the workbench is probably another 6 or 7 in various states of assembly.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

i have a bucket of parts because i'm afraid to find out.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

You listen to your wife?

I guess it is wise to keep peace in the house. She lets me have as many as I want but then she does things like llet me know she is not eating so we have the money. Guilt trips work every time here.

I can't answer the question though. I only have around 40 and it isn't enough. Unfortunately I have tired of purchasing the cheaper worn out ones and now look at the higher quality functional ones now. They are a little harder to justify the funds level for though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
You'll have a tough time finding a nicer group of people on the internet(even if our opinions all suck).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalsilence View Post
I've dealt with canadians several times and I usually undercharge by 2-5 dollars cause I feel bad for them sometimes. Just my 2cents.

feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...k-big-jim.html
big jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by big jim View Post
Unfortunately I have tired of purchasing the cheaper worn out ones and now look at the higher quality functional ones now. They are a little harder to justify the funds level for though.
That's where I am at. I have slowly been purchasing more and more expensive ones! I do love the ones I have now though. I used to jump on the chance to buy a $200 dollar deal on a speedball gun and now I scoff at the thought.

Anyone found a cure for this yet?
hawk1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk1216 View Post
That's where I am at. I have slowly been purchasing more and more expensive ones! I do love the ones I have now though. I used to jump on the chance to buy a $200 dollar deal on a speedball gun and now I scoff at the thought.

Anyone found a cure for this yet?
Yes, asking Carter to but a ban on your account...hehe Been done before for a few Members here around a time when people generally unload a few choice markers like Black Friday etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappadapink View Post
....bro, you just gave me a quarter chub.
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Ive had 38(complete markers) or so at the highest count but in the past 2.5 years ive had over a 150 or so.. all of which have been at least played with for one game. Then I either sell them off or trade them to play with something else.
Ive used most styles there are to play with. Now dont get me wrong individual stuff changes from marker to marker but for the most part Ive "tasted" everything.

Very few things that are out that I wanna own. I lean unless I win the mega millions then my collection will grow again.
Right now im down to 6
T8,TPX,DRV,DSG, automag and a Havoc launcher. Might pick up something thats just electric down the road but Idk.
new rule is if something new comes in then something old has to go. LOL this is a very hard rule to follow.

MCB FEEDBACK

Facebook Page
4G010H3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to BigOldSkool

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
When you have a milk crate full of empty cocker bodies you may (not) have to many.

RIP - Ed "BigDaddy" Roth and "Indian" Larry
Wild Geese - Coney Isand White Fish - ECA
BOS's Feedback!
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
BigOldSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

I have a rough count of about 22 markers. My gear bag has three in it right now and I have not missed having the others with me at the field or thought about putting more into the bag. Thus four is too many.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful" Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone