mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

What would you do?

This past saturday I was playing at my local field in Cranberry township and I had something happen that has not ever happenned to me before. We were playing on a pretty thick woodsball field with few open lanes of fire. I was laying down on the ground covering a hillside watching the other players sneak up through trees towards my position. My friend took up a position just to the side of me and we opened fire at about the same time just as we started to get some clear shots at them. We took out the first player and he stands up...as he is standing there with his hands in the air and his gun pointed up he friends start using him for cover. One guy was shooting through his legs and another was shooting from behind him. I did not fire back for fear of hitting him again and thinking that he would move. This continued to go on with these players shooting at us while we held our fire, until my friend who was with me started to yell for him to move but the player did not move an inch. My friend started to shoot again and hit the guy who was standing up, and he finally decided to move out of the way. His friends who were using him for the cover took back off down the hill, the player who was standing up moved down the hill to where I was swearing and yelling. I kept telling him that I was not firing and that his friends were using him for cover, but it didn't really matter at that point..He was already super pissed I think. This was a group of older guys/kids with all their own gear and equipment...so it wasn't like it was their first time playing. I wasn't really sure what I should of done...do I wait for them to hit me? Do I keep shooting? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!!!
Thanks
rangerjim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

I yell for them to go to the sideline, but if they aren't paying attention and are just standing there, I keep shooting for the others. I have one of these situations on video I think. The girl didn't know there were two people behind her (but not directly) and wouldn't move because I was still shooting. The ref pointed out who I was shooting at when she did finally make it to the side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I really like the picture posts, because I don't understand most of the word posts.
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

I tired to tell the guy that his "friends" were using him for cover but he wasn't listening to me...he was too busy swearing and yelling at me
rangerjim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
"move or im gonna keep shootin"

yell it and keep shootin

live bunkers dont like to play bunker after you put a few on em

i know that sounds terrible, but in a situation, if they wanna use a dead player as a shield (and the dead player knows whats goin on) im gonna keep shootin

if the dead player is walkin away and they are shielding themselves with him to escape... i'd let em go

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerjim3 View Post
I tired to tell the guy that his "friends" were using him for cover but he wasn't listening to me...he was too busy swearing and yelling at me
that part isnt avoidable, he's gettin shot, he's gonna be mad, dont sweat it
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Lessons are learned pretty effectively when the teaching hurts. I don't say that maliciously, think of the parent/hot stove situation everyone has been through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I really like the picture posts, because I don't understand most of the word posts.
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
This happened to me but I was the guy being used as the bunker! I got hit, stood up and was trying to get out of the way but the two guys behind me were still shooting and using me as cover...

I got lit up, and pissed. Pain/anger response. I lost it too. But after yelling for a bit I eventually calmed down, realized the situation I was in and apologized to the guy who shot me. He was not wrong to keep shooting, he was being shot at and he wasn't aiming for me directly, he was trying to get the two guys behind me.

It was MY responsibility to clear the area as quick as I could.

So if the guy has the opportunity to move and does not...then don't feel bad if he takes an extra shot while you are attempting to eliminate his team.
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Sneaky S.O.B.

At my field his friends would have been called out by a ref. However if thats not a rule where you play, I would just keep shooting. Its his responsibility to get off the field
alphasniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

If I get hit and I am in the literal middle of a fire fight, I yell hit and get out of the way as fast as I can. If it is too dangerous and I am in some decent cover, I just yell out to everyone that I am going to chill where I am until it is over. We are fairly good at stopping when someone yells hit to let them get out of the way though. It is kind of like an uneasy Christmas time cease fire. LOL
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
If he just stood there, then he was wrong. From him having his own gear, he knows that when hit, call yourself, raise hands, and get off the field. If one of his buddies is using him for cover, and shooting between his legs, he knows it is happening. So yell for him to leave the field and then shoot for his buddies. If he gets hit one, two, or ten more times, it is his own fault, not yours.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Sometimes people get shot a few extra times when they stand in the wrong place... no fault of yours. If he wasn't moving, you weren't shooting him enough.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone