mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-04-2012, 08:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
tea, a cause and effect

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
any suggestions?

ok so 2 weekend's ago I went paintballing for the first time this year since may, it seems I have lost the ability to put paint on target reliably, how do I fix this? I can't afford to play more often than about once every few months at this moment in time so when I do its rather annoying to barely hit my targets.
So long as its under 18 and over 8 I dont care what it is really...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef97 View Post
Oh boy...I love wood!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
well - just like my sex life, I have taken matters into my own hands:
chadders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
You need practice to fix this. If you cannot get out that often, pick up some reballs and practice with them if you have a place you can do it without breaking things. Your only other option is to continue to be annoyed and use the playing time you have as practice so you can get better.
Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
pump snob

and paint quality matters.

stuck w/ junk? - get closer until you cant possibly miss.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
One Pump Chump

Fan of EMR
Kilt Fan
250 cal
cirkle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
tea, a cause and effect

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
You need practice to fix this. If you cannot get out that often, pick up some reballs and practice with them if you have a place you can do it without breaking things. Your only other option is to continue to be annoyed and use the playing time you have as practice so you can get better.
I would get reballs and shoot in my garden but its tiny so I can't shoot in it safely or due to some silly law we have here legally
also on the paint bit the fields near me are fpo sadly (it was very cold mind)
Quote:
Oh boy...I love wood!
Quote:
Old 12-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Time for a Public Service Announcement from Trails of Doom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WuTx2EP4u4

link for mobile
PSA Paintball Selection Friends don't let Friends buy Paint without LOOKing at it first! - YouTube

Paint is the MOST important thing you buy, and before you buy you need to look at the paint, to make sure it is round, not dimpled, and no visible seams. If it has any of those issues, look at the other paint for sale. The "cost" of paint isn't as important at the paint condition, if the premium paint looks like cheese, buy the paint that looks good and is very round. That is typically players biggest problems when they are complaining about accuracy.

(also check to make sure the inside of your barrel is spotless) and shoot at 290 fps or less. Turning up your marker to over 300 will actually make the paint fly wonky.
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Are you using a familiar marker? With my old markers I have a pretty good chance of point-and-hit. With a few of my newer ones, I can't hit someone 15 feet away with 20 balls.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Maybe change to the finger pointing method? I've never tried it. But that's the only way I can see that would allow you to keep you aiming the same without regular practice. Though you probably will have to practice that.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

if actual practice with paint and a range is space/cost prohibited, then pretend. sit in the warmth of your house and practice getting the feel of how your gun points. If you're using old gear this will reawaken old muscle memory. Use the setup that you normally play with, tank, hopper, barrel. Pick a way of sighting and stick with it. Experiment if need to see what works best for you.

so you've got the setup, how to know you would actually hit the target. Pick an object around the room and bring the gun up as if shooting it, using your normal sighting method. Then freeze, move your head to make sure the barrel is directly in line with the target. The closer you are, the closer on target you will be in game. Use smaller objects to similate objects seeming smaller at distance.

this practice should help with getting the feel of your gun and getting on target quickly when snapshooting. how much to arc the shot can only be determined with real paint and a range.

wanted: got most of it for now.

currently in China
James_Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
tea, a cause and effect

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
Time for a Public Service Announcement from Trails of Doom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WuTx2EP4u4

link for mobile
PSA Paintball Selection Friends don't let Friends buy Paint without LOOKing at it first! - YouTube

Paint is the MOST important thing you buy, and before you buy you need to look at the paint, to make sure it is round, not dimpled, and no visible seams. If it has any of those issues, look at the other paint for sale. The "cost" of paint isn't as important at the paint condition, if the premium paint looks like cheese, buy the paint that looks good and is very round. That is typically players biggest problems when they are complaining about accuracy.

(also check to make sure the inside of your barrel is spotless) and shoot at 290 fps or less. Turning up your marker to over 300 will actually make the paint fly wonky.
its hard to check the paint when you get pots of 100 if I get a case I check the bags as I'm podding up my my field sells by the 100,
i shoot at about 260 (site limits) and all the markers I use, I am used to and have been getting used to the pointing as often as I could, mind that was with my old mask and tank I couldn't use (I had a new bonnet fitted and that tank wasn't out putting more than about 300 Psi at a guess so borrowed a field tank)
Quote:
Oh boy...I love wood!
Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone