mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincamaro View Post
All i know is coming around a corner and popping one in my opponent's chest, while they freak out a rope me from head to toe. I want a gun to take in and even the odds. Maybe i don't know the difference between semi and full auto, but 1 paintball vs 10 is annoying. When i'm playinng long distance, my 98 can hold anyone in their place. When i am running front, i would like a little more firepower. I only play woodsball.

Thanks for your repsonses. Keep em comin
sounds like you need to play smarter, not shoot more.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
low & slow

Not looking for advice on how to shoot, merely what to shoot. Thanks, though.
captaincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Not looking for advice on how to shoot, merely what to shoot. Thanks, though.
in your situation i would actually go with a 12g phantom or something equally extreme in lightness.

peep in, shoot, fall back while he pretends to be freaking out. rinse and repeat until he gives up.

like i said, i really think it's your approach at that kind of player that's giving you problems, so if you don't want to change that then there's not much else for me to say.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
Vibe

E1 has a stove pipe feedneck
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
low & slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
in your situation i would actually go with a 12g phantom or something equally extreme in lightness.

peep in, shoot, fall back while he pretends to be freaking out. rinse and repeat until he gives up.

like i said, i really think it's your approach at that kind of player that's giving you problems, so if you don't want to change that then there's not much else for me to say.
Allow me to elaborate: we are close. I'm not worried about someone far behind cover. Inside or around buidlings, when you come up on an opponent and they are right in front of you. Someone who is used to their own gun loosing multiple balls doesn't react the same way to a single ball. It gives them too much time to get their head together and think, "maybe it didn't break...". Commence "freakout". Hope that makes more sense.

I am hoping to gain lightness with a new gun. My 98 gets heavy after the end of the day.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Allow me to elaborate: we are close. I'm not worried about someone far behind cover. Inside or around buidlings, when you come up on an opponent and they are right in front of you. Someone who is used to their own gun loosing multiple balls doesn't react the same way to a single ball. It gives them too much time to get their head together and think, "maybe it didn't break...". Commence "freakout". Hope that makes more sense.

I am hoping to gain lightness with a new gun. My 98 gets heavy after the end of the day.
i already knew what you are talking about. like i said, that kind of player would be doing the same last ditch effort to get a mutual kill out of you regardless of how many paintballs you sling out. firepower is not your problem here, and they will get you once a while regardless of how hard you try. your best bet is still to get a super light setup so you can tuck back in before he can even turn the gun to point it at you. besides the akimbo awesomeness, there's a reason midnightangel likes the compactness of pistols.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
low & slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
i already knew what you are talking about. like i said, that kind of player would be doing the same last ditch effort to get a mutual kill out of you regardless of how many paintballs you sling out. firepower is not your problem here, and they will get you once a while regardless of how hard you try. your best bet is still to get a super light setup so you can tuck back in before he can even turn the gun to point it at you. besides the akimbo awesomeness, there's a reason midnightangel likes the compactness of pistols.

Good points. Maybe 1 ball + 9 words will do next time.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
Stock Class vs Agglets!!!

I'd agree with what Heinous said. Getting lit up from up close is not a matter that will be resolved by you shooting more, but rather, you playing tighter and faster. A fast snap with an SC pump will almost always be better than shooting a rope with an electro, when you're up close and personal to the other team.

I also suggest a lighter setup.
LibertyRadeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
Four-eyed Freak

Seems like you want to give as good as you get in this instance. If you spend the cash on a sweet electro, you'll still get shot from head to toe by this jerk.

What you want to be able to do is get out of the way! - or just shoot him in the junk, that tends to take the wind out of people in a hurry.

OR... get on the same team with the jerk in question, get close, then "freak out".

Last edited by ironnerd88; 12-05-2012 at 03:03 PM.
ironnerd88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
Dune reference here

You can get old impulses, usually with a hoard of aftermarket stuff, for like 60-80 bux.

If they didn't shoot so well, I wouldn't own any as they are Gardner spawn.

Reliable too. I've seen kids and "adults" screw in co2 (not anti siphon) with the gun pointed down, drowning the guts with liquid co2, during winter. They shot fine. Week after week.
We'd fire no junk, shed no tears
Now I have a broken eliminator on Halifax pier, the last of USI's privateers
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
El Super Beasto is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone