mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #31 (permalink)

Co2 is still around here in west Michigan. It's not hard to find a place around here to fill co2 at all. I didn't realize it was on its way out.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #32 (permalink)
"Fidget"

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
My local field offers Co2 and air but its rental fleet is all air.
I have to say tho that 95% of the non regulars use Co2 though so if they stopped offering it I can imagine business would take a huge hit. Im HPA or 12ies so it doenst make a difference to me. I stopped using Co2 tanks when I started leaving the woods.

MCB FEEDBACK

4G010H3R0'S WTB THREAD

Facebook Page
4G010H3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #33 (permalink)
Supernatural Anaesthetist

Send a message via AIM to Wycke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
wycke... call ahead to Montgomeryville army navy before you drive there. They may still do fills and they may not. When I still lived up the street they were still the only paintball store in the area (other than Dicks and wally world) so you may still be in luck. Hopefully the outlaw players still keep the demand up for fills.

E
Thanks for the tip. The guy at Clayton's on 611 wasn't sure if they still filled. He said Dicks does the exchange thing that Walmart used to, but I didn't feel like hiking up 463 or getting caught in mall traffic tonight.

For the immediate future, I just grabbed a 13/3000 tank on Amazon that'll be here in time for the weekend (gotta love free 2-day shipping). I'm not looking forward to frequent refills, but I'll feel a little better about the environmental benefits (and the ability to actually get the damn thing filled).

s'ok...I'm takin' it back...

My Feedback Thread
Wycke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #34 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Depending on which field I play here in town. One fills CO2 and the other is compressed air only. I have two 20lb CO2 bulk tanks with fill station and scale. Filling 3.5, I have plenty for awhile.

funsi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #35 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
co2 fills can be had around here only at the pro shop. With that said most of the markers I have that use C02 are SC so it's not a huge issue.

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:14 AM   #36 (permalink)
pump snob

co2 bulk tanks: our local welding supply doesn't fill anything. they swap tanks instead... but you have to lease their tank.. so it makes no sense to buy a bulk tank. rent instead.

OP: consider scuba tanks. much-o easier to deal with for personal fills.

co2 dead: not quite - but it is fading.. especially with 47/3000's getting down to $40/tank range.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:03 AM   #37 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

Yep, CO2 is definitely fading around here, too. A solid half the people I played with this past summer (which, admittedly, isn't a huge number) had never used C02- and most of those same players had never seen a non-screw-in HPA tank.

CO2, however, will never go away entirely. It's still more widely available than HPA, since virtually every town has a supplier for soda fountains. The bulk tanks are cheap, the gun tanks are dirt cheap, filling equipment is simple- and cheap...

I suspect a fair bit of the reason places like Wal-Mart and others mentioned earlier in the thread, have stopped carrying the tanks and doing fills, is due to the general overall slowdown of the sport in the last few years. That's kind of a guess, but it's an educated guess.

Doc.
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #38 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsMachine View Post
I suspect a fair bit of the reason places like Wal-Mart and others mentioned earlier in the thread, have stopped carrying the tanks and doing fills, is due to the general overall slowdown of the sport in the last few years. That's kind of a guess, but it's an educated guess.

Doc.
with how stupidly i've seen them fill co2 tanks, i don't miss them doing it.

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:57 AM   #39 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
co2 bulk tanks: our local welding supply doesn't fill anything. they swap tanks instead... but you have to lease their tank.. so it makes no sense to buy a bulk tank. rent instead.

OP: consider scuba tanks. much-o easier to deal with for personal fills.

co2 dead: not quite - but it is fading.. especially with 47/3000's getting down to $40/tank range.
Good points on the bulk CO2 tank.

Down where wycke lives (and where I used to live) most if not all SCUBA places are the only ones that will fill a SCUBA tank.... and only if you are a certified diver. The dive shops (I can think of only two in the area) didn't want some yahoo coming and getting tanks filled "for paintball" and then going diving in the local quarries or rivers and killing themselves. It was a big liability issue. And the bulk places wouldn't deal with it because they didn't want to put air in the tanks that might have had gunk in it and have you decide to use the tank for an air (because you couldn't get it filled at the dive shop and really wanted to go dive that quarry) or sell it to someone who did.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #40 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
I just use bulk co2 if I'm paying outlaw. Except I usually run stockclass with 12ies or a 13/3k that we use scuba tanks to fill. Scuba is easy around here to get for now. There will always be bulk co2 here. Elko is basically a mining town. With two different welding supply shops that both do bulk co2. You can just buy one of their tanks for like $100 and just exchange them for around $12. Easy as pie.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone