mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #51 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

I would say about 95% of my players use Co2, and most get them filled at Dick's, (they cost $3.99 per fill 20 ounce, and you get one free with four fills). Since I have so many tanks, I usually get my small air horns filled ($1.99 each for 9 ounces) and that uses up two of my fills, then fill up my 20's. I think I have about 6 or 7 tanks in hydro right now.

I got a compressed air tank (smaller 3K) for testing, but haven't used it much. I figured if I'm having issues in the cold I can use it instead. I can also fill it at home with a hand pump used to pump up high pressure pellet guns. So I never have to worry about being "out of air" when an idea for a test comes to mind.

Getting a compressed air tank filled around here past 3.5K is almost impossible (unless you go to a field with a high output compressor, and those are only open on the weekend)... But, getting Co2 is easy. (Northern Cincinnati area).
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #52 (permalink)
T-T
MCB Member

Ignoring some rental sites, it's practically impossible to get a co2 fill in the UK. In fact, I haven't been to a big game in 2 years that's supplied co2.
T-T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #53 (permalink)
Aces and eights

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
I got a compressed air tank (smaller 3K) for testing, but haven't used it much. I figured if I'm having issues in the cold I can use it instead. I can also fill it at home with a hand pump used to pump up high pressure pellet guns. So I never have to worry about being "out of air" when an idea for a test comes to mind.
Holy skype, how long does that take?
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #54 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Not bad really, about 1k in less than 10 minutes. It looks like a bike pump.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:53 AM   #55 (permalink)

This thread is depressing. lol
Steve_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #56 (permalink)
Aces and eights

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
It is, and yet not so much. CO2 is fairly easy to maintain for those so inclined, and thanks to its other industrial uses, it won't disappear any time real soon.
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #57 (permalink)
Banned

Not sure if its dead, I think it will always have its place, namely 12 grams, but since I went to all HP years ago I have had zero maintenance issues sucn as o-ring wear or cup seals. Its been nice.
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #58 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
Not bad really, about 1k in less than 10 minutes. It looks like a bike pump.
link? I'm curious!
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #59 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

It is a good workout... If you do it during commercial breaks then it breaks it up, and lets the pump cool down between uses.

Amazon.com: Benjamin High Pressure Hand Pump: Sports & Outdoors
Old 12-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #60 (permalink)

Co2 in the way of 12g's i think are in for the long haul but i can see refillable Co2 tanks going the way of the dodoo. I do see a feild up here though that primarily offers Co2 as they dont have a HPA compressor as of yet.

Myself some of my gear REQUIRES HPA and thuse i just switched to HPA for everything (with the exception of obviously my PGP and T8.1 pistols). But in the switch i found plenty of good options in smaller light HPA tanks for when i playing pump (aka most of my time playing). If i playing reg play were i can fill offten nothing beats the light and tight package of my 13ci3000psi tank it feels very similare size wise to a 9 or 12 oz Co2 tank but only offers maybe 150 shots. For bigger out door games were i have the potential to be shooting bit more i usually opt for my Ninja 35ci3000psi steely good for around 450 rnds threw my SL68-II (not the most efficiant pump). And for big scenerio games i break out my Empire Ultra 56ci4500 Cabonfiber tank this is a very TIGHT setup thats still light but offers more shots than i can go threw with a pump (dont know exactly how many).

If ya feilds offer easy access to HPA and you play mostly at feilds (not outlaw balling) and your shooting markers that run fine on HPA (not old brass or tippys that REQUIRE Co2) i see no reasone why one would want to shoot Co2 over HPA. A 13ci3000psi tank is cheap and PERFECT for pump offers acceptable shot count especially for pumps and is no heavier or bigger than a 9 or 12oz Co2 tank.

All that being said i have in my collection 5 HPA tanks but still ALWAYS have a 12ox co2 tank with me as well just in case the Compressors go down and alll thats still available is Co2.
TinyBear is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone