mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-07-2012, 10:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Check out Slingshot, Y-Shot or the Gloveshot - that's what I'm getting lol
The Southern Alberta Pump League TheSAPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappadapink View Post
....bro, you just gave me a quarter chub.
Jebus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Rec Poster

dan your the man dude. i laughed so hard at your response. i'm glad you love it and get how fun and silly it is. throwing weapons and sling shots OWWWWWWWWW! friend me on facebook if you want(steven crawford) for future invites just in case you are in town.

thanks for the info and story james.

dgor it was full of win hahahahaha. yeah dude make it happen! i would love to see it spread! i love MCB guys, such a better response than any other place. OLD PAINTBALL GUNS AND BEER WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
FutureSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rec Poster

HAHA WHOA! premium $100 sling shot there nice! pretty sweet.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
What is the material you used for the shields in that video? Is it some kind of roof panels? I absolutely love the boogie board shield I saw in on of the other vids.
MY FEEDBACK

Parallax 47 Photography
dgorman47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
One Pump Chump

Fan of EMR
Kilt Fan
I laughed at the safety concerns. I think we have all done our fair share of stupidity in our days. It was obviously not on a commercial field. When I was a kid we used to hammer steel pipes into swords, I have a scar from were one took a part of my knuckle off.. But it was fun! Then when I got older fought in the sca for years..
Keep having fun man.
cirkle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
08sdekim

Brass N Wood Fan
This is pretty much awesome. Someone needs to do this with a ton of people charging at each other.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirkle68 View Post
I laughed at the safety concerns. I think we have all done our fair share of stupidity in our days. It was obviously not on a commercial field. When I was a kid we used to hammer steel pipes into swords, I have a scar from were one took a part of my knuckle off.. But it was fun! Then when I got older fought in the sca for years..
Keep having fun man.
I kind of want to join the SCA, mainly making chainmail/scalemail armor and slightly fighting, but I'm fairly certain people would be like "I'm not trusting armor from some 14 year old kid" or something similar. I'd still like to try though.
uniwersel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #18 (permalink)
Rec Poster

daniel, same post as i replied to your youtube comment:
it's is a awesome fun time! the shield i used this time is a double panel dumpster flap style lid. i split it down the middle to make it thinner and lighter. also it's cut in half to make 2. i used hard wood flooring pad plastic for arm padding and strung webbing through to make arm handles.
the white shield with the green top is a thick plastic 55 gallon drum cut in half. 2 straps and a metal and wood arm handle bolted on. the dumpster lid was cut and bolted on top.

Also thanks for watching all of my stuff man! The boggie board shield is on of the best, it's thick enough to shield bash with very tall, very light, and very safe! the only draw back is it is the most narrow but that is okay.

the split dumpster lid shields are not strong enough to block on it's edges or push brush out of the way, but it is ultra light and is great vs paintballs.

the 55 gallon drum looks the coolest and is the most popular(i have 4) it offers the greatest of everything but after a few flag runs the weight really kicks in. on the facebook page i have lots of other pictures, if you really are interested i can email or post some close up pictures for how to make one.

after all i asked how to make cheap shields on a paintball forum and a ref posted his trashcan lids with ropes to give me the idea.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:16 AM   #19 (permalink)
Rec Poster

crikle, yeah the safety concerns are always there. like in all martial arts it's the young dumb people that hurt people. most everyone here is grown up. the guy that just turned 18 that i beat up on most of the video hurt the guy named blaze last month because he went full on retard. we try to stress safety and not going crazy with the shields and melee weapons. the rule is if you have someone dead to rights just tap them.

i love your lil' blacksmith story hahaha. we all are dumb, lucky we are not dead!

cool sca stuff man! you know about safety then for sure. i love ancient combat that is right up my alley. yeah you sca guys are fellow bad asses for sure.

mike, i agree more death charges! i'm trying to grow the game for that kind of scale haha. we would need much safer shields at that point. the most we have had was a 7 on 7.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone