mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
Active Member
 
DevilMayCare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Dallas, TX

My friends and I do this a few times a year. Go out dressed in old camo and sweatshirts, rent field gear and look for agglets talking **** to the newbies.
DevilMayCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
Stock Class Rec Baller
 
iamthelazerviking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Salt Lake City

Oh, I should also mention that I do have my own mask, soft gear, etc still. I have used rentals and know they can sometimes not be the greatest, so that is why I wanted some opinions from fellows!
Bought and sold countless markers in my day, but that itch to just PLAY gets too much to handle. I don't want to come off as pretentious or too good to use any 'ol marker. And paying a $10 field and rental fee plus cost of paint one weekend is much more affordable than dropping a few hundo for me right now.
But once I have some cash saved up, I'll be getting yet another Phantom.
__________________
The Feedback
eBay +273/-0
PBN +37/-0
MCB +24/-0
iamthelazerviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
Stock Class Rec Baller
 
iamthelazerviking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Salt Lake City

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilMayCare View Post
My friends and I do this a few times a year. Go out dressed in old camo and sweatshirts, rent field gear and look for agglets talking **** to the newbies.
That's a grand idea!
__________________
The Feedback
eBay +273/-0
PBN +37/-0
MCB +24/-0
iamthelazerviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthelazerviking View Post
Oh, I should also mention that I do have my own mask, soft gear, etc still. I have used rentals and know they can sometimes not be the greatest, so that is why I wanted some opinions from fellows!
Bought and sold countless markers in my day, but that itch to just PLAY gets too much to handle. I don't want to come off as pretentious or too good to use any 'ol marker. And paying a $10 field and rental fee plus cost of paint one weekend is much more affordable than dropping a few hundo for me right now.
But once I have some cash saved up, I'll be getting yet another Phantom.
the rental i bought literally cost $15.

tried it yesterday after cleaning. 200fps, but paint was so small they rolled out the barrel even with detent.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #25 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"
 
Join Date: Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
that's called mooching, and it's frowned upon by people with social skills.
Damn. Now I’m convinced.

OP, get yourself out there and buy a cheapie. You’ll be glad you did!
__________________
Quote:
He posts videos of himself on Youtube never leaving the furthest back bunker.
Even when playing against rental noobs, he is immobilized.
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
"Crow"
 
THE PAINTBALL NINJA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brevard, NC

I feel like renting will be more expensive in the long run. Usually, renting will cost about $20, but for $40 you can get a spyder or 98. So if you plan to rent more than twice, I would just buy a gun instead.
THE PAINTBALL NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #27 (permalink)
Active Member
 
BlueTrane2028's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA

98s are a dime a dozen and last forever. Get a 98 and a decent barrel and have a ball.
BlueTrane2028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:13 PM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Yomillio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PAINTBALL NINJA View Post
I feel like renting will be more expensive in the long run. Usually, renting will cost about $20, but for $40 you can get a spyder or 98. So if you plan to rent more than twice, I would just buy a gun instead.
In addition to those, you can find a bunch of fun older markers popping up here and there. I myself picked up an ICD Alley Cat within this budget recently.
Yomillio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:15 AM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minnesota!

CCM Fan
what the hell man... you are a member of MCB... find an old gem on craigslist, buy it, play for a day and then turn it for a profit on the BSTs!
__________________
sQuidvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #30 (permalink)
Stock Class Rec Baller
 
iamthelazerviking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Salt Lake City

Haha, I know! I just wanted the input of others on the matter.
I am at a point where I need to crack down and get some debt out of the way, so avoiding purchases is a must...even though some would disagree and spend the dough anyway (as tempting as it is). 6 months and I can buy whatever my nostalgic, paintballing heart desires.
__________________
The Feedback
eBay +273/-0
PBN +37/-0
MCB +24/-0
iamthelazerviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC