mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Six Point Five

what to do

Hey guys. Im not going to mention names or website.. but i sent a guy a marker body for modifications and payed for such items and he received them according to my tracking on November 23. I tryed to pm and message him in his threads. Im just looking for a reply of how much longer as i wont be in town later this month and dont need it sitting on my porch for two weeks while im on vacation. He has been on and even posts. Guess its just to hard to pm me or something.. what should i do.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ves206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Well it's obvious who you are talking about, and Nov 23rd is very recent... it's a busy time of year and it's the holidays, I wouldn't expect to see your work back until mid-january at the very earliest, guy is busy... and no doubt he will reply to you when he's available (just because he's posting doesn't mean he's "working"... I come on here sometimes too and don't reply to work PMs when I'm not in the mood, can't work 24/7 although I come close to it sometimes).

TL;DR answer: be patient, he's an airsmith and this isn't his day job.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Six Point Five

Just a pm stating everything is good would work just fine. I know some or almost all of us have been burned.. i lost an ego 8 on a s6 and cash trade... no s6 or cash ever received. Never seen my ego back and still working with his local pd to find him.. Now it wasn't this site. But just sucks not hearing from someone.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ves206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

almost five years on the site, 100% feedback according to his thread... and staff approved AFAIK. If he's gonna burn ya, it would be the first time it's happened and he doesn't strike me as the type to let his reputation go to ****
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ask me How!

I don't know this person but it's going on 3 weeks now and not even a, "I'm working on it and get back to you when I can"? They have time to post in threads but not reply to their customers? I'm sure he's a stand up guy but that is very poor customer service. Sometimes just a quick reply is all a customer needs to ease their worries. This is a very long time to wait for a reply from someone (especially someone you paid money to and who has your marker). Busy or not there is no excuse for this.

Facebook / Twitter
GMAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
I am stuck on bandaid...

What to do?

Chill the f out. This isn't pbnation.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Legal Eagle

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
if it's who I think it is you're talking about then relax. If it's the same guy I think it is he's extremely professional he just runs he pb business as a side project so it does take some time for him to get back in touch but he remains in touch as much as possible and really goes above and beyond on CS.

Feedback +38/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
Click here to pay me via Paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Brumski

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

fwiw, mcb is the only forum I have ever joined and had no reservations about putting money orders in the mail for forum transactions. I won't be able to set up a new paypal for a little while, but here, it doesn't bother me.
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

I would say just be patient with the people that do custom work on here. The more you hound people with messages, the less likely they are to respond. If you haven't heard anything 44 days after you sent payment, open a paypal claim if need be.
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot View Post
I would say just be patient with the people that do custom work on here. The more you hound people with messages, the less likely they are to respond. If you haven't heard anything 44 days after you sent payment, open a paypal claim if need be.
he wouldn't have to hound people if the guy just lets him know everything is ok, like he should. it just seems like many machinists aren't good businessmen, unfortunately it takes both skills to keep customer's minds at ease.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone