mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-12-2012, 01:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Gear Bags

Does anyone make a gear bag that can fit a whole setup that's NOT a giant rolling bag? Looking for a gift for my little cousin, just needs a bag big enough to stash one whole setup, SP-1, barrel, tank, and hopper. I was going to by him one of the nXe bags like this:

I have one of these and it's perfect.

The closet thing I can find is the little PE rollers, but they're still like $175. The small gun packs they make would be perfect, but he'd stil need another bag for his tank and hopper. A backpack would work, but none of those seem to be made to hold gear, ie have padded pockets or w/e.

I know Gen X makes some, but they feel really cheap, and I've not been impressed with any of their stuff.
fullofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
I am stuck on bandaid...

yeah some of these guys making soft goods on here REALLY need to look into a well designed small to mid sized gear bag. y'know a daytripper backpack style to run up to the field to see if anyone is playing.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

MCB pointed me towards hockey gear bags. CCM in particular. Cheap, massive compartments, and durable. I bought one of these and a couple Allen gun bags made for scoped pistols. They fit a marker (minus the barrel) in the main compartment. a rotor and the barrel in seperate side compartments and have zippers for small parts like rebuild kits.

This gives each marker its own bag within my bag and I am still cheaper than a "regular" paintball bag.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

I wear a planet eclipse back pack, anything I cant fit inside (Mask/Cleats/Pack or whatever( gets strapped to the outside.

I can easily fit 2 tanks, 2 loaders, 2 markers, pants/spare parts inside.
Cottontail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
I wear a planet eclipse back pack, anything I cant fit inside (Mask/Cleats/Pack or whatever( gets strapped to the outside.

I can easily fit 2 tanks, 2 loaders, 2 markers, pants/spare parts inside.
^^^This is a great option. I have 2 large eclipse gearbags filled, a compact eclipse gearbag filled, and 2 eclipse backpacks filled with all if my equipment. To go and play a backpack is large enough to hold everything that is needed.

When I go play I've got mask, 2 tanks (70/45 & 45/45), 2 guns, hopper, pod pack (w/ 4 pods), freak kit (large case), squeegies, rags, tools and misc parts for my cockers. The mask and pod pack are hanging on the outside. The bag holds enough for me for a full day of play.

The eclipse backpacks have a padded divider in the main compartment that you put the marker in. From there you put everything else on top. I have not had anything get scratched/dinged/gouged/etc from being in the bag.

Here is a picture of the area I am talking about . There are two pockets on each side (one zippered) that can hold tools, barrels, smaller tanks, pods, etc. I liked the backpack so much I bought a 3rd for work and recreational use

Last edited by Dysturbed87; 12-12-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Dysturbed87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

why not just a laptop backpack? put the gun in the laptop section, tank where the bottle goes, clothes inside and let the goggles hang out the back.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Nerd

Send a message via AIM to Diomedes

^Never thought of that. Not a bad idea.

ZDF42 #61 "Darwin"
Zombie Defense Dispatches <--YouTube channel. Reviews, helmetcam, odds and ends. Updated more-or-less weekly. Subscribe!
Looking for a new mask? See how they compare.
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
why not just a laptop backpack? put the gun in the laptop section, tank where the bottle goes, clothes inside and let the goggles hang out the back.
Yea that's my backup, just wanted to get him a "paintball" bag. He's still young, really into the logos and brands and all that.
fullofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
5.11 rush 72 backpack.

Last edited by Crimson Death; 12-12-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofpaint View Post
Yea that's my backup, just wanted to get him a "paintball" bag. He's still young, really into the logos and brands and all that.
give him a gucci purse. ask him "what's the difference?" when he protests. he'll stop being into logos and look for practical bags.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone