mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
DAM Competition?

So do you think any of the other manufacturers will be coming out with a mag and hopper fed system capable of FS and regular rounds like the DAM? I think Planet Eclipse would make an excellent offering to this market.
eBay
username: bacreman, 100+, 100% positive
Tdotballers.com
http://www.tdotballers.com/forums/in...&#entry1062159
Mcarterbrown.com Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
BudgetBaller 2.0

Spyder Hammer 7 ! even though switching between isnt as easy. It would be nice if they had some midrange markers with midrange prices and the setup
bricew25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Gobble Gobble...

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
The Spyder MR5 and E-MR5 are both capable of switching from mag fed first-strikes to hopper fed & back.

Some of my collection

My MCB Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtCow View Post
Old guns are more fun for me than new guns. I play paintball for fun. I don't play to win any more than I have sex to make babies.
HokiePB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I've been completely ignorant of the spyder line of markers. Everyone here considers them low level and not worth much so you don't see many of them around the fields. I may have to look a little closer at these.
eBay
Tdotballers.com
Old 12-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via MSN to mcgral18

Rap4 is going to have some stuff coming out, no?

They have the first strike breach, all they need is the mags.

An AK will not be stopped by a ham sandwich.
mcgral18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

not a fan of the DAM... Eclipse can go right ahead and I won't care much either. for less money you could pick up one of the Spyder magfeds, choice of sight, boxes of FSRs, various accessories, and lots of magazines... all that stuff adds up quick and I don't know single paintballer who has that kind of budget to load up a DAM with... and i know a LOT of paintballers
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
What are the spiders like for reliability? Are they spool? Poppit? Inline Poppit? I have no idea about those markers.
eBay
Tdotballers.com
Old 12-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Discovered the Hidden Cup

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
My gutfeel is that PE will watch and wait, see how dye does with a high-end offering in the milsim market, and follow suit if they see $$$ (or ). The DAM is cool, there's no doubt, but I just don't see many people dropping the cash for it.

An e-gun for shooting First Strikes is complete overkill. If the DAM costs $1299.95, and FSRs are $3.95 for an 8-rnd tube, then at 12.5 bps the DAM will shoot its entire MSRP in just over 3-1/2 minutes. If that becomes the norm in paintball, I'm done.

I know that's not the point; the DAM is for shooting regular paint at full speed with the ability to pop off a strategic First Strike or two when need or opportunity arises, but I still think that the Hammer 7 is a much more practical platform. I just don't see the 'paint-slinger' and 'FSR enthusiast' markets overlapping much, you know?

As for other gun manufacturers, if the rounds sell, they'll make guns that shoot them, and for the rounds themselves, their longevity will depend on field owners. I don't have a field around that allows them, AFAIK. As a consumer, I don't want to put a bunch of money into a gun that uses ammo I can't shoot. And even if fields adopt it, I don't know if I will want to pay FPO First Strike prices.

That said, they've been around a couple of years, and it's cool to see all these new guns coming out. Hopefully it generates a lot of interest among players, and hopefully fields pick up on it.
Feedback
Axel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
PB Tanker

Send a message via AIM to Octane2079

I can't complain about the price of the DAM as I bought a paradigm pro, but the thought of full auto first strikes seems to be counterintuitive as several above posters have pointed out. My wallet cringes when I feel the need to pull out the first strike magazine I keep on me for special occasions and thats just ten first strikes on semi auto.

Really if you are looking to throw a ton of paint and still first strike people on the fly, it'd be cheaper and probably more effective to just buy a used dm/ego/timmy/etc... and keep a hammer 7 loaded with first strikes slung or holstered somewhere. You'd save nearly a grand and have a LOT of $$$ left over for first strikes.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Discovered the Hidden Cup

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SX View Post
What are the spiders like for reliability? Are they spool? Poppit? Inline Poppit? I have no idea about those markers.
Just blowbacks, I think, with electronic sear-trippers. Spyders are not known to be particularly reliable, but the Hammer 7 is a Nelson pump, so how complex can it be? The reviews have been positive so far, but the gun's only been out for a week or two.

I've never wanted a Spyder... but I want a Hammer 7. I'm just not interested in semi-automatic First Strikes. *Pop pop pop!* <--$1.50.
Feedback
Axel is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone