mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #21 (permalink)

I check it often and hard!
Cottontail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #22 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
I check it often and hard!

I do too though lol. I check it even when no one's posted new stuff. I like a lot of the vids.
Patar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
Barned

I know I can add people to the block list, I'm just trying to say I don't really like the fact that the only reason some people use this forum is to promote their YouTube channels. And if I sound like a sour mr. Grinch and I'm totally wrong, someone please tell me.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #24 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

I have the video thread sub'd. I like seeing what everyone is doing.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #25 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloop View Post
This is true, and I think if the OP didn't come on here just to promote his channel, He would've noticed. I'm not a wolf hater and I actually like his videos, but clearly the guy is just here to get subscribers and that's all he ever does on here [I'm not sure about most forums] but many of the threads he starts he doesn't even say anything.

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as some sort of hater, unworthy of MCber person, I just feel that it isn't the right thing to use these forums for personal gain and not actually participate in anything.
Ouch, my toes hurt... Oh wait, you were talking about wolf... right?...

Making "money" off a youtube channel is very hard to do... I finally got to the threshold where they pay you after 3 years and just like most other youtubers, they kicked my account for "possible" invalid clicks... Not that I had any, just the possibility.

Trust me, there is NO money in paintball videos. Guys that make content do it for the love of the game, and capturing their kills, and sharing. Posting on here and other forums is a way to show others their (non paid) hard work...

I have spent thousands on gear to produce my weak videos. Sometimes you make one that you feel is better than just the regular "video" thread... So you post a thread for discussion. Personally, I think a good video showcasing something is much better than just describing it in words. Course I love film, so maybe that is just me...

Making online video content is rough business, so many haters out there, so many guys don't even bother putting their stuff out there on forums. They just make it and leave it on youtube. But, I know for a fact, you can really drive views if you post it all over, and if the video is good... Tons more will follow. Good video of our sport only helps grow the sport. Too bad there is so much bad video that it is hard for the fans to find the good stuff...
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #26 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I see where Bloop is coming from. It's kind of a bummer to see people just post something on MCB and never check the thread again. But Wolf's a huge supporter of the sport, especially for players who aren't into the super pro tournament teams and what not. Unless you're looking at the thread through the lens of "oh just another youtube guy promoting his crap", it's just going to be a video producer trying to share another cool video with other paintballers.

Personally, that kill streak was worth the separate thread. That's not something you see all the time, and if he posted it in the video thread, not many folks would've seen it. And if ya think EVERYONE looks at the video thread often, I'd think we'd have more videos!

As well, if he really just wanted to promo his stuff as opposed to sharing a cool video that happened to be his top 5, he probably would've shared the other 4 episodes.

Whatever, I guess we all have our pet peeves! Doesn't bother me too much I guess.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:19 PM   #27 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
Ouch, my toes hurt... Oh wait, you were talking about wolf... right?...

Making "money" off a youtube channel is very hard to do... I finally got to the threshold where they pay you after 3 years and just like most other youtubers, they kicked my account for "possible" invalid clicks... Not that I had any, just the possibility.

Trust me, there is NO money in paintball videos. Guys that make content do it for the love of the game, and capturing their kills, and sharing. Posting on here and other forums is a way to show others their (non paid) hard work...

I have spent thousands on gear to produce my weak videos. Sometimes you make one that you feel is better than just the regular "video" thread... So you post a thread for discussion. Personally, I think a good video showcasing something is much better than just describing it in words. Course I love film, so maybe that is just me...

Making online video content is rough business, so many haters out there, so many guys don't even bother putting their stuff out there on forums. They just make it and leave it on youtube. But, I know for a fact, you can really drive views if you post it all over, and if the video is good... Tons more will follow. Good video of our sport only helps grow the sport. Too bad there is so much bad video that it is hard for the fans to find the good stuff...
I made 109 dollars in 1 year of my paintball youtube channel. I have around 551 subs and some 80 videos.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #28 (permalink)
Barned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patar View Post
I see where Bloop is coming from. It's kind of a bummer to see people just post something on MCB and never check the thread again. But Wolf's a huge supporter of the sport, especially for players who aren't into the super pro tournament teams and what not. Unless you're looking at the thread through the lens of "oh just another youtube guy promoting his crap", it's just going to be a video producer trying to share another cool video with other paintballers.

Personally, that kill streak was worth the separate thread. That's not something you see all the time, and if he posted it in the video thread, not many folks would've seen it. And if ya think EVERYONE looks at the video thread often, I'd think we'd have more videos!

As well, if he really just wanted to promo his stuff as opposed to sharing a cool video that happened to be his top 5, he probably would've shared the other 4 episodes.

Whatever, I guess we all have our pet peeves! Doesn't bother me too much I guess.
Thanks for understanding where I'm coming from. You do have a point there though....that awesome vid would have not gotten as many views as it would've in our dedicated thread.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #29 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I try man haha. Don't mean to sound all worked up about it, I just like typing a lot lol
Old 12-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #30 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

To the OP, Thanks for sharing!!

To Bloop and Side-Swipe: Since when did it become policy requiring or advising us to post our videos in the "Paintball Video Thread"? And, why do you two feel the need to criticize those who don't put their videos there?

Personally, I would dislike it if some random dude showed up here and posted up for us to watch a video his firearms channel, and then left. However, since this is a paintball site, if someone wants to share something paintball related I don't think their sharing privaledge should be based on 'how much they participate'. Maybe they have reasons for spending more, or most of their time on other sites but yet, they want to share.

I don't even mind when an event promoter creates a thread for their event, and then rarely if ever revisits to answer questions, and fails to post up the cancellation. It irks me a bit but, not enough to even feel the need to call them out.

I would even tolerate someone coming here and telling folks to join their paintball-related forum but, in my opinion, they better offer something that this site doesn't have.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone