mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-18-2012, 02:17 AM   #21 (permalink)
The Janitor

Send a message via Yahoo to Honk

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Line of fire paintball has a pump night almost every month in the warm part of the year. They pile up pallet's on the field and set it on fire for light, at a safe distance, then you put a glow stick on your mask which you may not cover up for any reason. You can hide behind wall's/bunkers/what have you but you cant put your hand over it. It's fun, and different. That camera flash will screw your world up LOL,I'll post some pic's ~

Attachment 36633

Attachment 36634

Attachment 36635

Attachment 36636
Originally Posted by Deathwish_DW View Post
Become a gun whore.

Seriously.

It pays very well.

Last edited by Honk; 08-20-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Honk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:20 AM   #22 (permalink)
The Janitor

Send a message via Yahoo to Honk

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
That first pic is balloon ball, the balloons had led light's in them, your not out as long as the balloon isn't popped. You can bust a balloon in any way you deem fit LOL.
Originally Posted by Deathwish_DW View Post
Become a gun whore.

Seriously.

It pays very well.
Honk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
Recball fanatic

Played one night game in Spokane (Nitehawk PB) a few years back when I was in Washington. It was a blast and would love to do it again if any of the places in NJ held them.
I guess playing in the former Splathouse in Charlottesville, Va would count also. Indoors field, that was maze-like and extremely poorly lit. Kinda brutal place to play though even at 260 fps as you would literally walk into people in some spots.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #24 (permalink)
Discovered the Hidden Cup

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honk View Post
That first pic is balloon ball, the balloons had led light's in them, your not out as long as the balloon isn't popped. You can bust a balloon in any way you deem fit LOL.
I wondered about that. Sounds like fun!
Feedback
Axel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #25 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Depends on the field, every night game i have played was complete garbage due to it was normally on a night with no or very little moonight and it always seemed like one side had way more night vision than others (players normally bring their own night vision goggles and such to use)

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

If anyone has the MXS dvd of the Narnia game, there is a scen filmed in night vision of a guy with a Tac 1 stand up and light up a mounted tac light. Thats me ;-)
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

Back in the day there was a company called Wretched 7, who made glow in the dark paintballs. these were perhaps the worst paintballs you could possibly get. they were oblong, with a really tough shell, and the seemed to always bust in the barrel, but the glowed in the dark! and the did it well.
we would take a 500 round bag and hold it in front of the headlight to one of the vehicles for a few minutes. we would fill everyone's pump up with 200 rounds and bring the rest on to the field for reloading between games. we would play for hours and the paint would stay glowing in the hopper. after the games, the field would look as if there were alien eggs all over the ground.

Wretched 7 then partnered with Diablo paintballs to make their glow balls.
This paint was a major improvement. good and round. flew good and broke good. problem was it doesn't hold a charge. you charge them up, they glow real bright and immediately start to fade.
several attempts were made to create black light hoppers, but if you dont shoot all that fast the glow would fade before it was in the breach.

We made elbows for the pump guns with a black-light laser pointer attached to charge the ball as close to the breach as possible.

To mark the teams we used battery powered lights that clip on the visor.

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0934.jpg

IMG_0935.jpg
capitalpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

For reffing the night portion of a game, we used some of these

http://www.flashingblinkylights.com/...osm1djbum0fqf2

most them lasted six hours or more. a few died after a few hours, but just for one person.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:10 AM   #29 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Night play entirely depends on the quality of the people you're playing with. Even with astoundingly awesome reffing, playing at night with cheating d-bags can't be salvaged.

I've only really ever played one night game out of reservations about just that, but I wound up pleasantly surprised. Fields that are partially lit offer a big advantage, because a lot of people will stick to the lit areas which ruins their ability to see into the dark. So you can use the shadows to creep right up on them and merc 'em. One game I generalled at EMR I went out with a few guys to run a mission, wound up all by myself behind enemy lines and since the dark made it difficult to differentiate armband color, just walked among the other team quietly barrel tagging them with my Zeus and asking them to leave. I easily had a dozen barrel tags and half a dozen one-shot elims before someone finally got wise and popped me. I had a blast that night and it's still one of my favorite paintball memories.

Sadly, I know it's not always like that, and in fact may be the exception, and not the rule. I have heard some pretty bad horror stories about night games and cheating/overshooting before.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #30 (permalink)
Not playing nearly enough

I used to be a real night game junky but the older I get, the less interest it has for me. It might be the fact that my vision has gone down the tube since I was a young whipper snapper, and I'm less inclined to sneak about in the cold to get shot by friendly fire than I used to be.

Though the last night game I played was kind of funny, friendly fire incident and all. I was with a couple teammates at Aliens in the Rockies a few years back and we encountered a handful of opponents. During a reload, I flipped the lid open poured the paint into my hopper and tried to close the lid but it was gone. It had been shot off in the dark by a freak ball. I had to cover my revie's opening with my free hand to keep the paint from bobbling out as I shot.

In the ensuing fire fight, everyone was eliminated but me and one of the opponents. The noise had attracted the attention of some members of my team and they came up behind me with a massive spotlight. They swept the shrubs ahead of me and focused the beam on that last player. I opened up on him, taking him out while the paint from my teammates whizzed overhead toward him too. Moments later, the beam swept onto me and a dozen players from my own team welted me up one side and down the other. They were profusely apologetic.
esperto96 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone