mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #31 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
a standardized mag would be more important.
wouldn't it be crazy if real firearms has this?
hahaha, pipe dreams.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:06 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post

Manufacturing, none of the marker manufacturers make the rounds. They're made by Perfect Circle, and the manufacturing process is also under patent. If there was enough demand, then they could dedicate a production line to them and this would reduce the price somewhat but, never to the cost of regular paint.

Price: Why make them cheaper? They are plenty cheap enough for those willing to take the time to learn their trajectories, and use tactics that take advantage of their higher accuracy and range. I've been shooting nearly nothing but FS rounds for over two years now and I still pay less using them, and I'm getting more eliminations per day.

Tactics (since I brought it up): To keep your cost/elimination ratio up, you must change your tactics / habits. Get out of the habit of getting in close, snapshooting, shooting through cover for an elimination, and suppressive fire. Short story of how I realized this:

I first played with FS rounds for a half day at my local woodsball field. In that period, over multiple (about 4) games, I got 24 eliminations and I used 40 rounds, I played somewhat conservatively because I hadn't used them before in a game. I went back the next weekend, and I got my butt handed to me 3/4 of the day until I realized that I was playing just like I did with a normal paintball gun (getting in close, trying to work angles, snapshooting), except I was now using a mag fed system, while my opponents, were shooting nearly hoppers for every mag I shot. Once I realized this, I did better on that day, and I've gotten better since.
Personally, I don't care the cost of per round. Like you said, I know I would be shooting a lot less. The issue is, the cost of having to buy another marker.
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #33 (permalink)
Post Whore

Someone needs to make a reliable drum mag or box mag before FS prices go down. At present, it's too much work to deal with 9 or 15 round magazines. The participation level is about the same as stock class play. A field will see one guy all weekend with a Phantom vsc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
Most airsoft BBs aren't biodegradable. They end up just getting mulched into the dirt.
I always used biodegradable bbs.

/pats self on back
/sprains shoulder
Old 12-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #34 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by elraido View Post
Personally, I don't care the cost of per round. Like you said, I know I would be shooting a lot less. The issue is, the cost of having to buy another marker.
I totally get that. For myself it was an easy choice because finally, there was a product that matched my preferred style of play. Even before the DAM, Hammer 7, and other guns came to market, there were a fairly high number of second hand X.1 and upgraded .0 Tiberius guns on the market. I suspect that many picked up the equipment only to find that they couldn't or didn't want to adopt the tactics necessary to get the maximum benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD.Pump View Post
Someone needs to make a reliable drum mag or box mag before FS prices go down. At present, it's too much work to deal with 9 or 15 round magazines. The participation level is about the same as stock class play. A field will see one guy all weekend with a Phantom vsc.

I always used biodegradable bbs.

/pats self on back
/sprains shoulder
I honestly hope reliable drum or box mags do not come to market. It will tilt the game to favor those who can afford to shoot FS rounds like many rentals shoot paintballs.

In regards to biodegradble airsoft BBs, just how degradable are they? Biodegradable generally means two things: They breakdown with the help of sunlight (photodegradable) or they breakdown with the help of bacteria / soil composition. Of those, there is very loose description of timeframes (i.e. photodegradable can be measured in 10s-100s of years), and they are influenced heavily by the specific conditions. For example, buried photodegradable products won't degrade much, if at all. And the same could be said for bio/chemical degradable products, in cold, dry and sunlit environments.

Personally, I believe that FS rounds should be a bit more degradable than they currently are but, not at the expense of their fragility (if they held together as well as a hydrotech or regular paintball, they'd be even more painful on impact).

So, with all that being said, Have airsoft BBs been tested for this?
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #35 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Thanks guys! Great points I had not thought of.
SamAreI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:54 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
wouldn't it be crazy if real firearms has this?
hahaha, pipe dreams.
we have a "standard" barrel..
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #37 (permalink)
Confirmed Agglet

CCM Fan
I believe they should be only allowed at scenarios.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
tomdabmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #38 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdabmb View Post
I believe they should be only allowed at scenarios.
I beg to differ. They should be allowed at all types of paintball.
Along those lines, I think .50 should be allowed as well. You pick whatever marker platform you want, the caliber/type of paintball, and adjust your playing style to suit it.

More variety, more competition, more choices. It would increase the base, but then again, paintball in relative comparison to other sports/hobbies has a fixed amount in the base.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:24 AM   #39 (permalink)
Barned

I think it would be very interesting to see first strike, mag fed games on the speedball field. I'd also love to see how speedball players would play knowing they have x amounts of bullets instead of carrying 5+ pods on the field.

At the same time, if a significant number of people were to use magazine fed markers [therefore much less paintballs bought overall]. Maybe using first strikes, AND the price of first strikes were to dramatically decrease, that would possibly give paintball a huge whack in the head economically. [all you experts out there, could you tell me if this is right or not? A bit of a far fetched theory but I thought it would be worth putting in here.]
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #40 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I just wanna play paintball again :'|

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone