mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-19-2012, 01:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymcneer View Post
Maybe someone that handed you the marker, didn't know what they were talking about... Bad zeroing will screw up the best of us.

Ty
thing is, that same guy even tested the sighting and he one shotted the 150 target just fine. i only hit it like once or twice and it was by luck. some other guy even won the contest by hitting the closest possible (100) target 14 out of 16 shots, while the gun was sighted for 150 and the tester hit the 150 target spot on...

i give first strike the credit for being fairly accurate, i've seen through the scope that only 3 or 4 of my shots veering off the sight picture sideways relative to the sight picture, but i'm not too impressed by its range if the sight was ranged accurately (and i believe it was despite me running out of mildots and still hitting low, since the people before me used it just fine) and people only hit the close target... on the other hand i shot them just fine when i met lou...

Last edited by heinous; 12-19-2012 at 01:29 AM.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:30 AM   #12 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Or, maybe, like me... Life just has to kick you once in a while Fortunately it was a gentle kick

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak compatible and Equation inserts in .665, .670, .675, .678, .680 and .685

Current Freak compatible inserts in stock:
.665 = 0, .670 = 16, .675 = 3, .678 = 4, .680 = 4, .682 = 4, .685 = 11

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock now available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO
tymcneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
Confirmed Agglet

CCM Fan
Tacticool/be a sniper/meh

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
tomdabmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:36 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymcneer View Post
Or, maybe, like me... Life just has to kick you once in a while Fortunately it was a gentle kick

Ty
i've entered 2 sniping first strike contests.

both times had a fee.

both times were tiberius rifles.

i did badly on both and i know for a fact first strikes work, i've shot a ton when i met up with lmartin and they were far and accurate when i shot them with him. hell i even know their guns work because other people hit just fine.

and yet, i one-ball people in the face both uphill and downhill with my nelspot and its iron sights using not only regular paint, but OLD regular paint, and i can't win a sniping contest using setups that other people are so good with...
Old 12-19-2012, 01:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Only way I can hit anything past 50 yards with my SR-1 or TPX carbine is with a FSR riser.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:17 AM   #16 (permalink)
BOOM headshot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
tried fs. i couldn't even hit a target from 100+ feet. the winner of the target contest hit the closest target multiple times instead.

i don't know what the deal is, the contest guy said the gun was sighted for 150 feet so that's the target i aimed for. yet, i ran out of mildots in the scope and the spotter was still telling me i was shooting low...

Was the winner also coincidentally the FIRST contestant to fondle that marker? I know even first strikes aren't laser pointers, but that sounds like the scope was WAY off... Just a thought, lol.
My feedback: MCB / a5og / eBay
freedummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:40 AM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot View Post

Edit: Another talking point, markers that switch b/n balls and First Strikes chrono a lot hotter with first strikes. Do you player that use FS rounds chrono accordingly?
As far as fsr's chronoing faster than spherical paint. A little, however any ref worth their weight should zero in on mag/hopper quick adjust guns in the chrono. As far as significant danger not so much.

I have only shot about 12 fsrs in the time they have been out. All shots have been impressive, except when I shot one out of my pgp(because I forgot to put the bolt back in after taking it out to load FS). It took me three shots to shoot my buddy at 50-80 yards away on a rainy day with an open class center feed phantom. All I had to do was look at the trajectory of the FSR and adjust accordingly. Keep in mind this was on a rainy day with a soaked barrel and a feedneck in the way. Obviously I have nothing against center feed necks, but at extreme distances(further than spherical paint will travel accurately >130-150ft) it is somewhat difficult to aim without a sight.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we ... kill those people." - William Melvin Hicks

newfangled feedback transporter link

Swoop body b2k4 Bushmaster for sale
Kmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:13 AM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedummy View Post
Was the winner also coincidentally the FIRST contestant to fondle that marker? I know even first strikes aren't laser pointers, but that sounds like the scope was WAY off... Just a thought, lol.
no, but the first guy did do good...
Old 12-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot View Post
I remember reading about these when they first came out. Supposedly they weigh more and hit harder?
Now that they are so prevalent, will there need to be a lower FPS set of rules for them?

Edit: Another talking point, markers that switch b/n balls and First Strikes chrono a lot hotter with first strikes. Do you player that use FS rounds chrono accordingly?
I think whatever you read early on was screwed up or, interpreted incorrectly.
when first released, they were lighter than most of the paint out there. With shrinking paint sizes, and FS rounds remaining the same, they may be equal or even slightly heavier now (we're talking tenths of a gram out of 3grams).

As has been mentioned, they retain their velocity longer, and hit harder, at longer distances due to their improved aerodynamics- read this thread I posted over on TechPB (no login required) to understand the external ballistics behind it.

They have a more fragile shell so, the perceived impact will be felt less than a normal paintball impacting at the same speed. However, on bare skin impacts there may be a bit of abrasion that you might not have gotten with a normal paintball.

In regards to velocity differences between FS rounds and paintballs fired from the same gun, it depends on barrel fit between the two projectiles. For example, you're shooting .679 paintballs and FS rounds (which are approx .690) out of a .691 barrel. Your paintballs will be seriously over-bored and a lot of air will escape around them, reducing their maximum speed. FS rounds on the other hand will have a near perfict fit and will exit at a higher speed. If you chrono with the paintballs, you can see where this would lead.

Heinous- In regards to the trajectories, they fly flatter but, at 150ft you need degrees of elevation that can barely be accounted for (if at all) in a sight picture without an adjustable riser.

Other potential problem: Did the Tiberius guns have the rifled barrel? The regs get massive inconsistency issues that can cause 13FPS drops that will cause you to hit Approx 10" low even at 50yds.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
From what I've seen even a target is within range of your FS rounds, you have to catch them by surprise. If they see you, the amount of time they have to react is enough to dodge the FS round because of the extend range. I don't use them because of my playing style.

"Originally posted by Element Paintball@pbnation: you realize it would be easier to get a new wife than a new dc2."

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone