mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   In the wake of the shooting... (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/221595-wake-shooting.html)

JasonSaastad 12-20-2012 05:52 PM

In the wake of the shooting...

link

I found this oddly missing from the "news section" of MCB. Any reason for this?

I'm not blaming paintball, firearms, or mentally unstable individuals. I just think it is worth discussing, but as I am at work, do not have the time to start a conversation personally.

What thoughts have you?

EDIT: fixed the broken link

Patar 12-20-2012 06:14 PM

i think the link is broken, bud. But I've heard news of quite a lot of shootings lately. This one's paintball related?

TO GOOGLE!

Real sad what's going on right now. Worrying me a bit.

Hawkeye20 12-20-2012 06:22 PM

South Dakota teen shot dead during argument over paintball game | Fox News

heinous 12-20-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patar (Post 2568544)
i think the link is broken, bud.

here SD teen dies in shooting after paintball argument

and we thought fist fights were bad

Patar 12-20-2012 06:55 PM

ridiculous. Doesn't sound like "playful wrestling" to me.

heinous 12-20-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patar (Post 2568593)
ridiculous. Doesn't sound like "playful wrestling" to me.

according to the comments, neither does paintball....

those comments are fun to read, or painful depending on how seriously you take them...

ApoC_101 12-20-2012 06:59 PM

shoulda just bonus balled him, coulda skipped that first degree murder charge :thumbup:

Axel 12-20-2012 07:00 PM

Tragic, but no concern to the sport of paintball. That the subject of their argument was a paintball game is no more the fault of our sport than if it had been football or soccer.

I suppose that some might argue again that paintball desensitizes kids into pulling the trigger on a human being, but frankly the media has a hard-on for real guns right now.

Seriously, teen boys argue over all kinds of garbage. I'd be real shocked if murderers had a higher rate of paintball players among them than the general population.

Axel 12-20-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApoC_101 (Post 2568602)
shoulda just bonus balled him, coulda skipped that first degree murder charge :thumbup:

Yeah, no kidding. Two lives are over now. Not to mention the third kid, the witness. I'd wager he's in no wonderful mental state right now.

Patar 12-20-2012 07:13 PM

Really all it ever comes down to is stupidity and irresponsibility. On the kid's part and the parents' part.

I wouldn't leave easily accessed guns around a hot-headed 16 year old, nor would I keep shotgun shells in a drawer.

And I sure as hell wouldn't blame anything on paintball.