mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #111 (permalink)
all work

Low capacity loaders make paintball more fun regardless of what marker you shoot.

I cut my teeth on AGA.62 rental pistols in the eighties. Eight rounds in an over barrel springfeed makes you think before shooting especially since indexed for inflation each ball would cost $1 today. It was the most fun I've had playing paintball though.

Bulk loaded automags and cockers were why I quit. The T8 was the reason I returned.

It seems likely that ROF is directly proportional to FPO field profits, which might explain why there aren't any stock class or limited paint options in Toronto. Unfortunately municipal bylaws prevent outlaw games too.

Paintball the game is at odds with paintball the sport and the paintball industry. I don't know what the resolution is but we are a community divided.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:45 PM   #112 (permalink)
The Craigslist King!

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Searching "Paintball" on Google Trends reveals some interesting data on public interest in the Sport. I don't know what to make of it. Link
crzypntbllr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:13 AM   #113 (permalink)
MCB Member

Near me there is one indoor small speedball field, they have been doing quite well (no competition helps) but one thing they do at open play is stagger the semi/pump/rental players and the tourney/speedball guys in separate games. It helps keep the new kids from getting lit up and I always see a lot of happy 10 year olds that will probably come back again.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #114 (permalink)
pump snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzypntbllr View Post
Searching "Paintball" on Google Trends reveals some interesting data on public interest in the Sport. I don't know what to make of it. Link
try restricting the search to paintball fields... 13% of peak.. and falling
Old 02-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #115 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
try restricting the search to paintball fields... 13% of peak.. and falling
Is that because over time, as paintball has become more mainstream, more people already know about the paintball fields in their area and therefore don't need to google them anymore?
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:14 PM   #116 (permalink)
pump snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Is that because over time, as paintball has become more mainstream, more people already know about the paintball fields in their area and therefore don't need to google them anymore?
er.. i would say paintball peaked already and is now in decline and therefore fewer people are interested in finding a field.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #117 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
er.. i would say paintball peaked already and is now in decline and therefore fewer people are interested in finding a field.
Yeah, I was just pointing out that there are different ways to interpret that data and most likely there are several reasons for the trend (the one mentioned being one of them, as well as the one you mentioned - but there may be more).
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #118 (permalink)
pump snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Yeah, I was just pointing out that there are different ways to interpret that data and most likely there are several reasons for the trend (the one mentioned being one of them, as well as the one you mentioned - but there may be more).
agreed
Old 02-25-2013, 12:40 AM   #119 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
Low capacity loaders make paintball more fun regardless of what marker you shoot.

I cut my teeth on AGA.62 rental pistols in the eighties. Eight rounds in an over barrel springfeed makes you think before shooting especially since indexed for inflation each ball would cost $1 today. It was the most fun I've had playing paintball though.

Bulk loaded automags and cockers were why I quit. The T8 was the reason I returned.

It seems likely that ROF is directly proportional to FPO field profits, which might explain why there aren't any stock class or limited paint options in Toronto. Unfortunately municipal bylaws prevent outlaw games too.

Paintball the game is at odds with paintball the sport and the paintball industry. I don't know what the resolution is but we are a community divided.

Call me part of the division problem but far as I'm concerned paintball the sport can go suck it. The sport side has brought all of the problems that we have. Paintball the game could survive with out paintball the sport. The sport on the other hand could not survive on its own without the game. Sure there wre cheaters in the game. But the sport made it cool and acceptable .
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:54 AM   #120 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
Call me part of the division problem but far as I'm concerned paintball the sport can go suck it. The sport side has brought all of the problems that we have. Paintball the game could survive with out paintball the sport. The sport on the other hand could not survive on its own without the game. Sure there wre cheaters in the game. But the sport made it cool and acceptable .
Amen to that.
And I see more cheating from tourney players playing walkon games, than anything else.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone