mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
Pump Paintballer

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
this is one of those things that happens to everyone. I have taken hits to the gun and mask and have not noticed it....

if someone tells me about a hit I just call it and head off the field with a sorry to the guys shooting at me.

Rejexx Paintball Team Founding Member
Check out the Rejexx Paintball Website
Rejexx Paintball Team Facebook Page
Rejexx Paintball's Youtube Channel
Rejexx Paintball's Instagram Page

Gear Bag: RTR Gargoyle, Spyder MR1, Azodin KP+, Sheridan PGP, MKP-II Prototype,
Spyder SPump, BT-Combat, Splatmaster, Dangerous Power G4
lone_eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #22 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
Agreed its a double edge sword. On the one hand people wearing vests is a good thing since it makes it less likely to have a bounce. But on the other hand it makes it more likely that the opponent won't feel the hit. But in general I'd rather they were wearing vests than bounce clothes

Besides either way the best place to shoot someone has and always will be in the head.
Headshots also give you the most xp. One time in attack and defend, I got five headshots. Leveled up in one single game.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we ... kill those people." - William Melvin Hicks

newfangled feedback transporter link

Swoop body b2k4 Bushmaster for sale
Kmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #23 (permalink)
Perfection will suffice

I always continue to play until a ref calls me out. Gog shots, pods, loaders, jersey, pants, shoes, any other pieces of equipment or body parts, whatever. Even if I'm dripping with paint I consider this to be splatter only, and continue playing.

Sure, it makes other players angry, but hey, what am I supposed to do? Take other people's word for it? The whole point of the game is for us to eliminate each other. So automatically the other side is biased against me. I'm just trying to play it straight, you know? Also, when you think about it, there's simply no way to be sure, really sure, if someone hit me. The mere presence of paint on my person or equipment does not prove anything. Maybe I was hit, and maybe not. I could have rubbed up against a bunker or perhaps even another player, or even a loose paintball somewhere. Who knows?

We don't call ourselves out for stepping on paintballs and having them break all over our shoes, true? So if I chance to brush against one hanging in midair during a game, I view that in the same way. There's just no way to prove that it came from someone's marker, and that it was directed at me.

The only sure way to tell, for me, is to have a ref tell me. That's why we have refs. But sometimes I don't even trust the ref, and so I keep playing. Because I wouldn't put it past the other team to buy off a ref, a dirty ref, or maybe a ref who is young and impressionable, or who is older and needs beer money, or who has a family member who needs a new kidney, or whatever, and then where are we?

In Cheaterville, that's where. And I hate cheaters, so I just keep playing until I feel that I have been hit fair and square.

Interestingly, I have never been fairly and squarely eliminated from a game, ever.

And that's why I love this sport.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Lol...
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #25 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Is this guy for real?.............................oh, wait.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we ... kill those people." - William Melvin Hicks

newfangled feedback transporter link

Swoop body b2k4 Bushmaster for sale
Kmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:42 PM   #26 (permalink)

Like Thumper said, I will usually call myself out and let the other player back in the game.
PBRevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #27 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

the pattern of behavior from the player, says more than the incident itself

You see the same players, weekend and week out

If it happens every single game, where you're walking off with hits all over your body thinking you won the game, that's obviously one thing.

A hit on a pod on your pack? Or getting hit dead center on the nose of your loader while snap shooting with someone? That's just paintball, it's happened to me, it's happened to everyone.

Anyone who's played paintball, knows sometimes people get hit and just honestly don't see it, don't feel it, or don't notice it. This happens, no worries

It's when it becomes a pattern, from the same player, every single game, then it becomes a real issue.

One time I hit a guy dead center on the top of his head. But he was wearing a hat facing forward, and the ball went UNDER his hat. He felt the hit, he checked it several times, thought it was a bounce and kept playing. When he took his mask off, he had a pink mohawk. I laughed and so did he. Once came out in a snap shooting battle and thought I broke paint in my gun. Turns out the player I was playing against put one directly INTO my barrel. The paint went clear back into my gun, WAY into the gun internals, and it was a different color than what I was shooting. I told him about it, he laughed, I laughed, and I spent the next 30 minutes cleaning my gun.

It's one game, one incident, it's paintball, it happens and it's nothing to get bent out of shape for. A simple "sorry about that Gentlemen" while walking off is usually more than enough to get ya off the hook, just don't do it again in the next game!
Old 12-31-2012, 11:49 AM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

I discovered a new personal issue a few weekends ago that I need to watch out for. It's been cold and I've been wearing my under Armor cold gear. Anyone whose worn it knows it is aa pretty thick base layer. I over that I wear just a T shirt. I don't have a tax vest I wear just a condor h harness and a duty belt with my tube pouches. Anyway I normally don't wear just a T shirt normally its a sweatshirt over my base later. But throughout sever games in the beginning of the day I had taken a few hits here and there on my elbows and forearms etc. Mostly just the extremes that are hard to tuck. Every time I got shot I would check myself visually and whenever possible with a touch to see if it's a break. It was lightly drizzling that day as well and every time I checked I saw and felt no paint. Well it wasn't long before I realized that with a combination of dampness and my base layer. The under Armor was soaking up the paint instantly with absolutely no residue or anything indicating a break. After that for the rest of the day If I got hit from the bicep down I called myself out just to be safe. No biggie.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:08 PM   #29 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
I would always wear a jersey over winter clothes to prevent that issue
So balaclavas and hats and gloves do that really bad
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:55 PM   #30 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

I got hit in the pod Saturday while charging the other teams hill. Only reason I knew, is because I had just emptied that pod, and put it back and heard the paintball hit the lid and echo off the empty pod.

I looked down at it, and it had bounced. I called myself out, as we play any hit counts. Even if it doesn't break... Bummer too, because I had them running away and the guy that got me was the last one still trying as the others had scattered.
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone