mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-31-2012, 12:06 PM   #31 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredxcam View Post
I would always wear a jersey over winter clothes to prevent that issue
So balaclavas and hats and gloves do that really bad
I don't wear jerseys but yeah I get what you mean
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:22 PM   #32 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
Well arnt you special
Even just a long sleeve shirt works
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:32 PM   #33 (permalink)
Olde Basterd#2

CCM Fan
Kilt Fan
I have predator braids hanging off my mask and in a snap battle with a bud he hit one as I was pulling back behind my bunker. Didn't feel it nor saw it. Got him out a few snaps later. After the game he pointed it out. Boy did I feel like a tool! He laughed at me and it was funny. I felt really bad though! He was shooting a stocker and got me! I was shooting a T-2 and I couldn't apologize enough! It happens I guess. Ever have one hit your pant leg on the bottom and you don't feel that either? I got one playing on a blow up field and fortunately he yelled check you leg! I called myself immediately! But when you do your best to play with honor and you miss one you always feel bad. Feyd.........
Old 12-31-2012, 04:35 PM   #34 (permalink)
Post Whore

I had a rain poncho on one really rainy day. I was dashing from one bunker to the next and some shot the poncho trailing out behind me like a cape. Reff saw it and pulled me though wwhich is good. I was a little mad but not at the Reff. Never wore it again lol
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:20 PM   #35 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I never get hit so I wouldn't know. Just sometimes get hit by horizontal flying bird **** that just so happens to be yellow.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:33 PM   #36 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I'll stop and check the area. If my gloves comes away clean I keep playing. With that said sometimes that doesn't always work. In those cases someone will usually say something or I'll call for a paint check and then depending on that go off politely.

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #37 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

another awesome hit destroyed my last Pulse loader a few years ago

I took a hit directly into the "release tab" on the left side while at a full sprint diving into the snake. No paint on the outside of my loader, the ball went completely into the tab, broke the tab, and broke apart INSIDE the drive cup, ruining the internals.

I felt the hit, I heard the hit, so did everyone around me, it sounded like a marble hitting a plastic cutting board. I came up to shoot and my loader was dead, was shaking it, trying to get it to work, nothing. I got out, pulled out the catch cup and saw the damage on the side. No paint on the outside, but the ball went directly INTO the loader internals.

Also in a tournament, I did a run through and bunkered a player. But I was looking upfield at his back player when I fired at him. I shot once, kept running and bunkered the last player. Turns out, I shot him INSIDE the loader, the shot went past the speedfeed and broke inside his loader. The ref signaled him clean and he lit me up from behind.

I was obviously surprised because I knew I hit him SOMEWHERE, but it wasn't after the game his coach told me I shot him inside the loader. I saw the splat from my perspective when I was running by, but I thought I hit him in the gun. I never thought (and neither did the ref) to check INSIDE his loader. He was kneeling down behind a dorito when I ran past him

I usually just chuckle, and move on
Old 01-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #38 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
I'll stop and check the area. If my gloves comes away clean I keep playing. With that said sometimes that doesn't always work. In those cases someone will usually say something or I'll call for a paint check and then depending on that go off politely.
That's my norm too, but, I'll call for a check. The part that beffudles me and refs- when the ball goes into a pocket, or pouch and I find the remnents of the shell and paint while I'm cleaning my gear.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #39 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
That's my norm too, but, I'll call for a check. The part that beffudles me and refs- when the ball goes into a pocket, or pouch and I find the remnents of the shell and paint while I'm cleaning my gear.
It's an imperfect game with imperfect absolutes. I've found hits in between pods before that I didn't feel. The player probably didn't even know they hit me or would have called for a check. I didn't feel anything or I would have checked or had it checked. Playing honestly is the best I can do.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:04 PM   #40 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
i do the same as most of the rest of you... apologize and call myself out. what more can you do?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone