mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #31 (permalink)

an increase in pump play. an increase in the low to mid marker category, especially if the GOG eNMEy proves to be everything we think it will be.
gospeedgo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #32 (permalink)
Phantom Lords

CCM Fan
I'm excited for the upcoming rise in magfed play, but as others have said, so much of it hinges on affordable, hassle-free mags, as well as affordable, functional vests/rigs/pouches. Without all of these pieces in place, the user experience will generally be bad enough to make a lot of people quit. It's unfortunate, but it takes a bit of work and trial and error to achieve the ideal magfed setup for a particular individual.

I'm predicting the scarab arms and rap4 468 markers will be failures, dmags might possibly make an appearance in the 4th qtr of 2013 at best.

my feedback
Reloadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #33 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
So exactly which mag fed, FS compatible, pump would be better than a Hammer 7? We may get more players who only buy something new when it actually does something significantly different, and not just because its a higher status symbol.

With field owners concentrating on "more players", instead of "more paint" it's doubtful that smaller concept fields would be considered "average".

I am not saying that there is a better one. I like the Hammer 7. I think its good for the sport and I've thought about buying one just for giggles and to support the continued R&D of such new products. However, I just don't think that the H7 alone is going to cause the mag feed world to explode like was stated. I think you will have a significant number of people buy the Hammer 7 to try out mag/pump/fs styles of play. Undoubtably a small number of those who will use a H7 (its getting tiresome to type Hammer7 over and over lol) will get hooked on mag/fs/pump play. However, I think that will be a very small number and that small number will gradually move into better markers that fit their new specific style of play.

Most fields (in my experience) don't have the time/money/space to develop large fields. They are expensive to buy, build and maintain. Additionally, fields that have large renter/inexperienced players (the type that buy/use entry level guns generally) don't like large fields because of the lack of command and control they have over those inexperienced players. So even if field sizes increase, field owners will continue to put new and inexperienced players on "smaller" sized fields so the refs can easily supervise and respond to any safety incidents that occur.

Don't get me wrong. I am not bashing the fs/pump/mag fed style of play. I own two pumps and love to play pump. I just don't think the proverbial "ion" of the fs/mag fed world is here yet... unless, as I already stated, they can make fs rounds and extra mags more affordable so you can have 10-12 mags loaded up with 15, 20, 30 rds of fs each. Make that happen at an affordable price and then I think you have a game changer and you will see a significant number of people (myself included) switch to mag fed style play.
biftip98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #34 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
A pack that carries mags would be an improvement
I could never wear a chest rig cause when I dive or crawl I would smash it
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #35 (permalink)

CCM Fan
I would also like to see the rise of mag/limited ammo play but I don't see it happening unless you allow more than just mag fed guns. If you can incorporate stock class-stick feed-mini hopper I think it will have a better chance of it taking off. I know there is alot of people who like limited ammo games but have no interest in a mag fed guns.

SPBTV

Feedback

Other Feedback

"It's the Ones Who've Cracked That the Light Shines Through"
Silent Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #36 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
Mag feed/ hopper ball
Carry a regular loader but no pods
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:50 AM   #37 (permalink)

I predict I'm gonna bonus ball a friend during a game.
Serv-On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #38 (permalink)
hth
Seasoned Member

Yep even just talking to my friends I've notice their increased interest in pump, and Mechs. Pump teams are forming and playing against semis in tourneys. so i can see what the OP means and those predictions are very valid
hth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #39 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredxcam View Post
I read books that have information worth reading
No post on here that long is ever worth the reading
And I am sum what college edumacted
+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:05 PM   #40 (permalink)
E-Tac Operator =

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatBoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredxcam
I read books that have information worth reading
No post on here that long is ever worth the reading
And I am sum what college edumacted
+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
Sooooo... You admit to not reading the post, and the imply that it is not worth reading based on the length alone...
Do you realize this is the textbook definition of trolling and flaming?

You will be infracted, think before you post.
I thought Chappy was pretty clear...

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone