mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #41 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
I thought Chappy was pretty clear...
+2!!!!!!
So will psp change anything big for 2013?
Isn't decay of nations changing names this year?
shredxcam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #42 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

I expect that there will be a lot of First Strike markers (DAMs, T9.1s, etc) going up on the used market when folks find they can't play with them like they do their current paintball markers (cost of FS rounds, lack of desire / ability to change tactics to use FS, etc).

That, or mag fed only games will begin to pickup up here in the U.S.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #43 (permalink)

Empire Impulse
Macroless Planet Eclipse
Empire Vanquish

I dunno.
Cottontail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #44 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

Someone will produce a $12 beginners mask like gxg did, but have the foresight to build it with the ability to accept another companies commonly available lens so dual pane thermals will be an option

An increased interest in more "old school games" will lead to a revival for older mask systems like OG vents, z-leaders,(using common lenses available today) and whippersnappers. the vents and z-leaders will be fresh productions, and JT brought back whippersnappers already, so I'm 1/3 there with this one.

*The above statements are "predictions" and as such, should not be considered as anything but guesses and daydreams at best. Not approved by the FDA and not intended to cure, treat or prevent any diseases. Always consult your doctor before taking a prediction seriously. Most common side effects include dry mouth, watery eyes, loss of breath, anal seepage, jaundice, red eyes, swelling of the tongue, slurred speech, the desire to eat human flesh, increased urge to gamble, and farting in jars because you're "saving them for later".
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #45 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I see a big increase in pump play just because of the fact the market isn't moving towards a higher ROF trend but more towards paintball being back in the woods. I can also see another major tournament series ending as players start thinking about the amount of money they put into it. On that same note I can also see magfed markers taking off (pistols,semis it doesn't matter mag fed is in). I also see the phantom revolution dying off as nobody who shoots phantoms and who would be it's target market seems to care much for it. I also predict PE will come out with a pump to compete with the MVP and as a result you'll see a DYE pump soon enough as well.

I also have a more dark prediction and that is that we will see a major figure in our sport die. I don't know why but I have this feeling some pb celeb is going to kick the can

Feedback +34/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #46 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

The way its going around me:

- more people getting out of the sport
- fields changing how they price entry/paint/etc (more fields around me are doing memberships, something I like)
- gun whores stocking up on the uber rare guns that have been popping up lately
- more elimination of the super high end tourney guns. I don't really see nearly as many of them on the fields as I did this time last year or the previous year.
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone