mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-31-2012, 02:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
Not legal. After Kingman came out with the rocking trigger, tournament rules all specify that a trigger can only have one activation point.

Sometimes... Industrial designers are total retards.
is that the term they used? and this guy used 4 switches? hah.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

Almost ten years before Kingman tried it, around 1999, I made a rocking trigger for a Shocker:

It pivoted in the center and used only one microswitch. At the time I was told- directly- by... what was his name, Bill Cookston? Of the NPPL, that the design wasn't legal. There was some debate, since one could pull just the "upper" half and release it like normal, or pull just the "lower" half and release it like normal.

The NPPL's argument at the time was that the rules said something like a "full actuation of the trigger", which in this case- as they interpreted it- meant a pull-and-release of the upper finger and a pull-then-release of the lower finger. That would produce two shots, therefore wasn't legal.

I tried to argue otherwise, but they were pretty firm- nope, they weren't gonna allow a rocking trigger, pretty much no matter what.

Of course, nowadays, people use the exact same "walking" motion, just with a normal top-pivot trigger, and even unramped rates of fire far exceed the old shoebox's rather limited stock ROF, but at the time, they weren't about to allow it, and wanted to make sure I knew it.

Doc.
DocsMachine is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone