mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 09-10-2007, 04:16 PM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

I would get an Etek over the fusion, if only because it doesnt have the econo gun stigma.

But I would probably get an 05 angel speed or even a later mode angel like a g7 for sub 500 dollars over those guns, probably.

And I would look at vikings.

The Etek I shot was great and it was small and the sides were smooth and didnt obstruct view. Kinda recoilish more than I would have expected but they are real nice.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:33 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

I love the Eteks I have used and would recommend them. I cannot say anything about the fusion so I can't tell you what I like more. I don't know many people that can out shoot an Etek and unless your a slimy little agglet you shouldn't need to. I love the feel of them and I like how they shoot out of the box, honestly I recommend taking the time to look around and get a feel for whats out there. I love how the Etek feels but others may not, I am currently looking into getting one for myself but I have a few other reasons for looking at them too.
Finished before you can commit a crime
DarkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
This may sound biased coming from an Angel sponsored player, but I assure you my owning an Etek was long before WDP entered the equasion.
I bought an Etek the first weekend they were available, it remained in my possesion for approx. 2 weeks.

Pros: solid performance of a typical stacked tube design gun, very little to no kick, light weight

Cons: LED interface is not the most user friendly, I felt the trigger frame guard area could have been roomier, I have big hands. Poor feed neck design. The feedneck on a gun in this price range should have some sort of cam-locking feedneck. The plastic like collar they put on the etek's does a poor job of clamping or remaining in the proper position. I had to continually retighten the allen bolts to the point where I feared I was going to break the neck before I got it tight enough.
Efficiency could have been better, however this could have been due to the newness of the reg/lpr. With approx 4 cases thru the gun I was getting 4-5 pods and a hopper off a 70/4500 dye hp throttle. Should be closer to 8-9 pods and a hopper. The guns setting were maximized by Nick Truter of PE at the event so I am pretty sure the settings were right where they needed to be.

If you want my opinion take a look at an A1 , a G7, 06 Gat or speed. All can be found reasonably online ,usually in good to excellent condition for less than the cost of a new Etek.

"The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" is my motto
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:05 PM   #24 (permalink)
www.yankeepaintball.com

Send a message via Yahoo to Tugboater203

Two of my refs use electros, one uses an etek and the other has a fusion le. I tried both and loved them both. The Le has a lot of nice features (it's nearly 100% metal including eye covers) and comes in anno batches of 100. They both point and shoot well and the only problem you should have with a high pressure tank is that the effeciency will be a little less then on a LP tank. The LE have a distinct price advantage right now, if I wasn't expecting a pneumag any second in the mail I'd have one as we speak.

Tug

edit- I should add that ref #3 has an Angel 06 speed, it definately rips. He also scored it for under $450 on ebay.

Authorized Dealer for CCM,CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE, APP and GI Sportz

Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email or call 203-906-9621.

Last edited by Tugboater203; 09-10-2007 at 06:37 PM. Reason: a tid bit more info
Tugboater203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:10 PM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

DP guns come in small anno batches because the market can only handle small anno batches..how many people would buy diarrhea green if it was a common color?

I second the "take a look at angels" notion.

you can pick up near new angel a1's for 600 dollars! Those are great guns..they had detent problems but the 3 piece detents that came out very recently should solve the problem. Other than that they are beauties.

06 speed, gat (07 speed), and g7 fly and g7 are awesome guns and are a more traditional angel platform. Any one of these for sub 500 dollars is a good deal but I personally would probably jump to the a1.

The next a1 rendition should come out soon though.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:51 PM   #26 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
The A1 is a phenominal platform.

"The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" is my motto
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:08 PM   #27 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
This looks like a sweet deal.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:43 PM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
This all sounds good but what about an E-Bladed Cocker? This is not too expensive, looks purty and you always have the option of throwing on a pump kit if you don't want to use it as an electro anymore.

Dailymile
Facebook
sloonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:53 PM   #29 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

It's a much smaller company than anything already mentioned, but I'd take a look at Alien. I just picked up an '06 Interceptor and love it. They are definitely less expensive than the previously mentioned markers, save the Fusion, but have all the features of a high-end electro. Last time I checked, Alien was clearing out the '06 stock in prep for the '08 line and everything was cheap ('06 Interceptors at $400, '06 Remains at $550). You can snag a good deal on eBay from time to time, too (picked mine up new for $300).

As for Eteks, the only one I've ever messed around with was an '06. To me, it shot just like any other Ego. Other than that, everyone seems to shoot an Ego and swear by it. From my experience with the '06 and '07 Egos (have played around with about a half-dozen of each), they're really nice markers (light, quick, easy to just "point and shoot") and my take on the Etek is that it's just a less-glorified Ego. I might've gone for the Ego over the Alien if it weren't for the price tag.

I can't say much about the Fusions, since my experience with them is extremely limited, but I'd hold off for the '08s, assuming they're the same price range as the current ones. The '08s seem like they'll be a touch more "high-end" to me. I was seriously eyeing the Fusions before I bought the Interceptor, but after I played around with one, I just didn't like the feel too much. Might just be me, but I'd at least check them out before buying one.
Sexy_Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:24 AM   #30 (permalink)
Post Whore

The trigger doesn't feel as smooth as on an 06 or 07 Ego. But for me who's not exactly great at rolling a trigger, that's not a big deal as the user is holding the gun from it's full capabilites.

Considering that it has many parts in common with Egos and it's approximately $400 less, I'd say it's a good gun to look into.

Have you looked into other guns in the same general price point / level? Such as: Proto Rail, Invert Mini, Infinity, Quest, etc.?

BTW: I really like the color combinations of the Grey and Green Camo Eteks.
Shiba-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone