mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #31 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
It was a bit of a shock coming to Vancouver. I have yet to find a good pro-shop and the fields haven't really impressed me that much. That being said, now that I have wheels I will be heading further out to check out Tsawwassen and Panther.
Tsawassen and Panther are the only two fields I have played at on the mainland. Tsawassen has new management and will most likely be opening up under a different name very soon. Not sure what it will be like, although the field infrastructure will be virtually the same. I'm not a fan of the new ownership, so I won't be seeing it for myself.

Panther has some nice terrain but I haven't played there for 6 or 7 years. It was pretty good then though.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #32 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
Wouldn't surprise me if it was true. It is a sport played by more rural populations simply due to the area required to play. The US has far more exceptionally large cities, which puts paintball fields out of easy access to most of their residents. (Consider how much ground you can cover in an hour driving out of 'city' with 30k people vs Toronto or New York. Then consider how far you have to go before you get to a location open enough to easily set up a paintball field with land prices low enough to afford it. My office in Charlottetown is a 10 minute Walk from a plot of active farm land.)

Any Canadian know of a town with more than 1000 people that doesn't have some kind of rental field within at least an hours drive? I'm hard pressed to think of a town that doesn't have something going on within at least 30 minutes for the most part in Atlantic Canada. Our fields may not be large. They may not be all that great or even exceptionally well priced, but we have a hell of a lot of them scattered across the country.

Also consider the issue of word of mouth. Smaller local populations that get access to paintball are more likely to know someone who has played it, and therefore be encouraged to try. Also have the interesting trend that if you play on a youth hockey team then you're going to play at least one game of paint ball the following summer. I can't remember a weekend that I've been out at one of the local fields where we didn't have at least one hockey team playing.
Your theory maybe be correct, but:

GTA, the biggest population center in Canada, also has the highest saturation of paintball fields (not counting outlaw) within 1 hour ride.
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:12 AM   #33 (permalink)
MCB Member

War of 1812 scenario game?
jellyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #34 (permalink)
Function over looks

Send a message via MSN to monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyghost View Post
War of 1812 scenario game?
Already proposed, USA/Canada game would be fun to revive the idea.

My MCB Feedback
My EBAY Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
With all the drama, whining, superiority complex, and "you can't play here newbie" attitude I wonder if scenario paintball is attempting to take a lesson from tournament paintball on how to decrease interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
I don't particularly have any respect for players using a pump gun.
monty is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone