mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-05-2013, 04:45 AM   #21 (permalink)
Gun Designer

DP F8 with virtue board. should be perfect for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-cameron View Post
MIballer's exploits during his career in MI6 are what the Austin Powers movies are based on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
In a fight of Superman and Chuck Norris...MIballer wins
MIballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #22 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

An Etek fits most of your criteria.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #23 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

I can't help but laugh when people drone on and on about how a marker "feels" and "shoots" and other touchy-feely stuff. And then to ask for a *heavier* gun...
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #24 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I don't think you'll really see anyone talking about how they shoot in this thread, because I was pretty specific not to ask about that. I've been around and shot enough markers to know that it takes awhile to get to know how a marker actually shoots, and it depends on too many variables.

But how a marker feels is pretty simple. Its a culmination of the shape of the marker, the grip-frame and the placement of the regulator, asa and feedneck.

Paintball markers have gotten REALLY light. For those of us who spent years shooting much heavier markers, its not what we are used to. I'm not looking for something the same weight as my Pimp, but I don't like the way the tiny weightless markers (etha, ion, Geo, ect) feel in my hand. I don't like the frames (mini) and can't walk the trigger as well.

I was just asking what markers had a slightly larger profile then the ones generally seen today, while keeping up with the other tech. I think the suggestions have been solid, and am basically looking at a few years of Intimidators, the Cyborg RX (which in terms of size, shape is PERFECT for what I wanted) and a bit at the Independence which I got to shoot today, as my friend has one apparently.

I was just looking to expand my search, but didn't want to just browse online without knowing which markers had taken well to the market, and which people generally avoided. Asking the same questions on the nation I had several Impulse 2009 owners tell me to stay away which was helpful.
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:57 PM   #25 (permalink)

is it the weight or the actual size of the marker,im 6'6" and need a longer heavier marker to be comfy.If its just the weight you can try a heavier barrel and asa.
saintnoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #26 (permalink)

It's a bit newer than ya wish but slots in around $400 new have you considered giving a go with the Tippmann Crossover. Its similare to an AGD Emag In operation has more generous ergos than most modern speedball setups has the modes you want and has the ability to shoot mech with flick of a switch. I was gona pick one up myself but opted instead to just finish a old mag project instead as I just don't care for electros much.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:38 PM   #27 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

Uh, throughout your initial post, you made direct and indirect references regarding "how guns shoot". Might want to re-read because if your intent was specifically to avoid "how guns shoot", I think you missed by a wide margin.

Trying to make sense of your criteria (which I admit might be my mistake), I think the best option for you is to buy an Axe and then get one of the machinists on here to weld on a completely superfluous second tube somewhere on the gun. Because if it's, "gotta have two tubes", then there you go. Since weight is an issue, you'll probably want it to be a fairly thick tube so as to add the necessary unnecessary weight. Maybe you can make it adjustable. X-tra fancy. XTREME.

If that sounds kind of silly, well, at least we're on the same page...
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #28 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Have you tried an 05-06 Ego? They have some weight to them and are SUPER easy to maintain. They are also very reliable and feel sturdy when shouldered. It's also a stacked tube blowback, similar to the pimp. They are getting cheaper and cheaper too. You should be able to find an 05 for less than $200. Upgrades for them are plentiful and also getting cheaper and cheaper. I think ANS has Tadao board for around $25 for the 05 Ego. I honestly think it's exactly what you're looking for...

A local guy a nicely upp'd blue Pimp if you're ever looking to pick up another.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #29 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Goatboy - ok.

When I spend 400-500 I tend to be a bit picky, i'm sure I'm not alone having a preference for the style of marker I shoot.

Saintnoir - longer more then heavier per say. Which is why i really like the style of the Borg RX.

tinybear - I actually had a chance to check one out! For the price idk that I would buy a crossover tho, for like 250$ it might be a decent option but not in the 400 range.

minimag03 - I've been looking at the older egos a good deal, but to be honest i'm kinda learning towards the Borg RX. Basically because its the same style as the Ego's with a longer body/ frame. I just picked up another Pimp actually haha, a red one off of here. But thanks for mentioning it!
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #30 (permalink)
I am stuck on bandaid...

Ever consider one of the AKA guns? Best build quality, feel, and best shooting "larger" electro in the history of the game, IMHO.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone