mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #31 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I wish I had the money, I'd LOVE an AKA. I post in every AKA sales thread just to be like . But the price is always like 2500.
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #32 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BPS View Post
I wish I had the money, I'd LOVE an AKA. I post in every AKA sales thread just to be like . But the price is always like 2500.
That's only the custom jobs. Stock ones sell for usually below $400, and you could sell it for the exact same price 2 years from now.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #33 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

Having preferences is fine. But there's a difference between having preferences for a reason and having preferences for the sake of having preferences.
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #34 (permalink)
I am stuck on bandaid...

Fubarius has it right. You can even find some nicer ones with a bit off milling and anno in the 4-6 hundred range.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #35 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
I think you might find the RX to be a little 'lite', at least when compared to the Pimp. Older Cyborgs are also great guns and would heavier and cheaper.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #36 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Well lighter then the Pimp is nothing terrible, it could drop a few lbs and still be solid haha. I just don't love the obsession with tiny and light, I was more saying larger styles markers. What I really dig about the RX having finally gotten to shoot one (I had to go way out of my way to do so lol) is the distance between the trigger guard and regulator. The longer styles makes it much easier for my to sight and shoot the marker quickly.

Goatboy: Its not so much for the sake of having preferences. Messing around with a bunch of markers recently disappointed me. The tech has improved significantly but the majority of markers are now about the same size/shape as the ion (which was my backup for years). I was never a fan of the way that marker held or shouldered, even with different tanks/ASA set ups. I did actually like the way it shot, before people start in on how thats because the ion isn't the nicest marker. It was about the size/shape. Which is why I asked, and i've been pointed in very solid directions.

Fabarius - Thats something I actually didn't know. I always see them going for a good deal, I'll keep an eye out. Having shot AKA a bit, and heard nothing but the most amazing things about them I'd love to own one.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #37 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
It sounds like you're very particular when it comes to your markers feel, so if you know you like the RX then go for it. They are running about the same price as a nice unmilled Viking/Excal at around $450, but come with a lot more modern features like the OLED board. They also have more room between the reg and frame than the AKAs. The 06 Cybord had a little extra room between the reg and frame than the 05 but nothing like the RX. But the most important thing is that you've shot on and you know you like it. Good luck with whatever you choose.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #38 (permalink)

theres also timmies or a system x nme both longer guns with good features,and price
saintnoir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #39 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I guess I am, but it's more like I need a marker that I can grab and play the season with. I know what I have liked in the past and what I have not. I am a full time grad student who works on the side for his money, so spending 500$ is a big deal. I want to make sure I'm getting something that fits my needs, and won't have long enough to be sure about anything aside from how it shoot myself.

I trust the people here about markers. Many have been playing paintball longer then i've been alive (maybe not many, but a few at least.) So having someone here say "yea, even 5 years later this marker is a solid investment," does make me feel better. about buying it.

I'm thinking the RX for this upcoming season, as it does have the more modern modes, and board interface that will be useful. Not all the competitions we are intending to play follow one set of rules. I do really like the distance between the reg and trigger frame on the RX. I think with a Guerrilla airport it'll shoulder exactly the way I like it. I'm looking foward to something with that kinda size/shape and a lower weight too (with a large tank and full halo too it was about the same weight as my Pimp with a small stubby and revi).

I'll be on the lookout for cheaper AKAs just to have tho. The way they maintain value makes it less of a money burner and more of a investment XD but i'd prolly never sell it once I played with it.

And I'm about to have 5 shockers to trade...sooo maybe I can trade em all for a single RX...lol...
Old 01-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #40 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintnoir View Post
theres also timmies or a system x nme both longer guns with good features,and price
I did look at a bunch of Timmys, and almost bought one. My teamates all say they don't know how to tech timmys and won't be able to help me if I end up with one. (They can;t help with my Pimp either lol), but one owned Borgs for years (as well as a RX). He still has some older ones, but sold his RX. He knows them real well, which helps when I really can't have it go down.

I've owned an NME and I did love that marker. But I do feel that modern high ends have a lil something on the NME when it comes to smoothness of operation and ROF, which if I wasn't competing this summer wouldn't matter, but do because I intend to.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone