mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #31 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
Since horseplay can knock a marker out of a holster then who's to say horseplay can't slide the BBD out or off?
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:10 PM   #32 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye20 View Post
Guns don't go off by themselves
No, they go off because of a chain reaction of physics.

If a multimillion dollar 40mm autocannon prototype can suffer a mechanical failure that results in an unintentional runaway discharge of the weapon, then what makes you think a cheap paintball marker is immune to an accidental discharge?
I have been holding a firearm that fired without pulling the trigger. We later determined it was a safety malfunction, if you pulled the trigger with the safety on it would fire when you took the safety off.
In paintball, Automags have been known to fire without pulling the trigger (albeit rarely).

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MOOSE] View Post
Since horseplay can knock a marker out of a holster then who's to say horseplay can't slide the BBD out or off?
That's no reason not to use one.
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #33 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundadun View Post
I throw either one of those huge palmer or lapco barrel covers over the holster end, or barrel if it sticks out, when I leave the field. It goes over the entire holster.
This.

I reload 12grams while my pistols are holstered, so I use a short open stiff holster. I use the new Tippmann shorter ones now, perfect length!

Should I need to pull a pistol from it's holster in the deadzone, I put the sock right back on. I don't like closed holsters because if someone wants to check out your pistol in the deadzone, you have to half undress to stay safe

I saw a barrel plug cause a paintball gun to do a reasonable speargun imitation once long ago, but they're not allowed at HS anyway, barrel socks only.

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:53 PM   #34 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot View Post
I didn't say it was a reason not to use one did I? If it was taken that way I didn't mean it to. I was just adding to the horseplay argument. I always use a BBD of some kind. My style of choice is the TPX spike.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #35 (permalink)

Palmers Fan
I know my skunkworks holster will work with the barrel bag on the T8.1 and the pistol holstered. I played a few weeks ago and they told me the field rule was holstered guns needed no bags but was personally not comfortable with that.
diesel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #36 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot View Post
I have been holding a firearm that fired without pulling the trigger. We later determined it was a safety malfunction, if you pulled the trigger with the safety on it would fire when you took the safety off.
In paintball, Automags have been known to fire without pulling the trigger (albeit rarely).

In addition, any blow-back marker will have potential energy stored (compressed spring with hammer weight). If anything is worn or not mating properly you could have the hammer slip and fire the gun.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #37 (permalink)
Faces Mowed: -1

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
In addition, any blow-back marker will have potential energy stored (compressed spring with hammer weight). If anything is worn or not mating properly you could have the hammer slip and fire the gun.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MOOSE] View Post
It can. Most locals I play with are of a rural mindset, safety is casual at Mersey Road Paintball where I play. Barrel blocker infractions are common. I rarely see a holstered pistol style marker that is plugged/bagged. The refs are hardly proactive about real safety too.
We'd fire no junk, shed no tears
Now I have a broken eliminator on Halifax pier, the last of USI's privateers
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
El Super Beasto is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone