mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by brew52 View Post
The box from lowes is great. Carries enough for all three of us. About 8-10 guns and all clothing, supplies and snacks! lol

When we get done we throw it in the back of the truck and head home. It has a oring seal on the lid so we don't even have to worry about rain.

Also makes a great between game seat and it has cup holders on the lid!
I thought of seat first, carrier second.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:23 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

I bought a friends whole set up last year and sold everything off except for thy huge empire gear bag. That thing cost a fortune new and I would never spend the money for it alone. It's not bad and the rollers are nice because its heavy.
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #23 (permalink)
Un-Active Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
2 very large old school 32* bags i bought years ago. Though the grab bag in the car is just a mil spec large book bag. Holds 2 of everything just fine.

real military stuff in generally built very very well and will last years of abuse. Buying standard issue military stuff allows you to buy zippers, clasps, and whatever else may break.

For Sale

Hawkeye20: "......Hit!..............medic..... oh God...."
pghp8ntballer: "Cause you know, first strike and flatline systems together with a scope allow you to shoot into the future."
SEFishy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #24 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

I've been usng a Redz Tranzport Series Bag for several years now and it's one of the largest paintball bags I've seen (I haven't come across the "Paintball Bodybags" yet). What I like about it:
Heavy Duty, lockable zippers on all major compartments
A lid with smaller pockets stitched in
Wheels and telescoping handle
Heavy gauge nylon outer skin
Internal Dividers for main compartment
What I don't like about it:
Not long enough for my Woodstalker Ion
Internal Dividers aren't configurable- they aren't long enough for my T9.1 and not wide enough for my Woodstalker Ion (and it's warp feed).
Internal nylon for pockets frays and get's stuck in the pocket zippers.
I've come to believe it really depends on your gear. The nice thing about those giant plastic tubs is that you can make your own dividers, or if you pack creatively, you may not need dividers at all.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #25 (permalink)

Rubbermaid Action Packers. They are heavy duty. Good clasps seal it very well. A little expensive at around $40 a pop, but well worth it in my book.
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

Ya know i never liked rollers for woodsball always had trouble with the wheels getting caked
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #27 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I used a Wal-Mart special duffle bag for years and when I finally picked up my Sly Pro- Merc bag at the Valken tent at ION last year I wondered why I didn't do it sooner. Doesn't have a whole lot of features but it's HUGE! And I have a lot of stuff lol. I got multiple guns, tanks, and rigs in it so I can play any style at will when I go out without having to leave anything home.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #28 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by elraido View Post
Rubbermaid Action Packers. They are heavy duty. Good clasps seal it very well. A little expensive at around $40 a pop, but well worth it in my book.
I have two of them I use for other stuff. They areally are great quality and rain resistant. If they had wheels, I would use one for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
Ya know i never liked rollers for woodsball always had trouble with the wheels getting caked
Trying to roll just about any type of bag or boc between the woodsball fields at a park is a pain I learned from experience. On walk-on days, Rollers are useful for me as I have a nearly 50+yd walk to and from my car at the house. On those days, I just leave the bag in my car and operate from there.

For a scenario like Living Legends, where the parking lot is huge, and you have a staging area with friends, a rolling bag/box is handy to get gear to and from your staging area and if it's lockable, it's a layer of security (I often bring a cable lock to lock the bag to a tree, or a cluster of other bags).
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

Good advice. Generally we have a team lockbox. But I take that for granted. Your advice is good for someone who ddoesn't have that
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone