mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   What is the benifit of a paintball, or military specific gearbag? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/223386-what-benifit-paintball-military-specific-gearbag.html)

Bloop 01-13-2013 12:28 AM

What is the benifit of a paintball, or military specific gearbag?

I'm just curious. I bought my adidas one for $30 dollars, and it holds all my gear perfectly. I know some people carry a lot more gear [Multiple markers, tanks, spare parts, ect.], but as the title says, what exactly is the benifit of having one of these types of gearbags? I don't see the point in investing $75-$150 in a fancy gymbag. I apologize if this is a dumb question, maybe I'm looking at this from the wrong way?

Taylor519 01-13-2013 12:38 AM

For me i play scenario paintball mainly. So when I go to other countries to play i want to have backups for backups, and that takes space. So i have a Planet Eclipse Gear bag and it fits my gear very well. I have no problem fitting 3 guns, 2 tanks, 2 loaders, caddy, 2 x pants, 3 jerseys, 3 barrels, cleats, 2 masks, pod pack, 10 or so pods, 10 swabs, 2 squeeges, spare parts kit. I like the space and the looks are nice too, anther benefit with the planet eclipse bag is it is tarp lined so after each scenario i can hose it out and know I'm not doing any damage to the bag.

Axel 01-13-2013 12:39 AM

As far as I can tell, the advantage is multiple compartments to store guns, barrels, tanks, etc in different padded pouches to avoid damage caused by metal objects banging against each other. They're nice, but in a pinch, wrapping things in hand towels works, too. Plus, that way I don't forget to bring something to clean lenses and wipe off old hits between games :D

Horizon 01-13-2013 01:38 AM

There is no accounting for taste.

Why do some people buy $200 jeans when you can get through life with $30 jeans?

Steve_81 01-13-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horizon (Post 2591224)
There is no accounting for taste.

Why do some people buy $200 jeans when you can get through life with $30 jeans?

I do it for the storage that the Paintball specific bags offer for my gear. Not at all because it's "designer." I've used other non paintball specific bags for my gear but I prefer the added benefits the Paintball bags provide.

TechPB-Mike 01-13-2013 09:40 AM

actually my personal favorite gearbag? Is those huge plastic blue tubs you can get from WalMart for $20

I'll take a plastic "footlocker" type tub for pantball, over a soft, collapsing gearbag anyday. The biggest reason is that it holds it's shape and you can wash it out afterwards. Holds everything, case of paint, gallon of water, my mask, gear, pack, pods, tank, loaders, everything

<3 footlockers

http://www.plasticsandstorage.com.au/STL1842.jpg

And the best part, is that you can ship them to events or to the hotel you are staying at, instead of bringing them on the plane

cirkle68 01-13-2013 09:47 AM

I used to use the big tub, but they break or the wife steals them. I now use a large luggage bag with roller wheels etc, got it at a discount store really cheap. I use laptop/tablet sleeves to hold markers, and protect them from scratches while in the bag..

Slappadapink 01-13-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike (Post 2591329)
actually my personal favorite gearbag? Is those huge plastic blue tubs you can get from WalMart for $20

I'll take a plastic "footlocker" type tub for pantball, over a soft, collapsing gearbag anyday. The biggest reason is that it holds it's shape and you can wash it out afterwards. Holds everything, case of paint, gallon of water, my mask, gear, pack, pods, tank, loaders, everything

<3 footlockers

http://www.plasticsandstorage.com.au/STL1842.jpg

And the best part, is that you can ship them to events or to the hotel you are staying at, instead of bringing them on the plane

I also use the plastic containers. Each one cost less than $10. You can also create your own dividers inside, create pod holders etc. They come with lids making them water tight on those rain days.

Still, one of the best gear bags I've ever seen was a dude using a laundry basket...like a pro

Stilgar 01-13-2013 09:49 AM

I second the footlocker thing. I have one as well which I think I found in the storage section at Walmart for < $30. It has a spot for a padlock too, it won stop some one from getting into it if they really want to but it does provide that initial bet of security.

Darth 01-13-2013 09:56 AM

I have a PE gear bag I got used for $125. It holds everything I need, has spots for all my gear and it is easy to wheel around and secure. I think if I am going to buy $1k worth of gear I am ok with dropping 200 or so dollars to keep it safe and stored well.