mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Go to cheap paint? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/223481-go-cheap-paint.html)

kethdredd 01-14-2013 07:28 AM

Go to cheap paint?

What's your best go to cheap paint? I just started playing at a BYOP field and was wondering what your favorite cheapo paint is? My requirements: paint must break when hitting target, should be available at big box stores (ie Dicks, WalMart).

The Flounder 01-14-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kethdredd (Post 2592217)
My requirements: paint must break when hitting target, should be available at big box stores (ie Dicks, WalMart).

Around here those two requirements are usually mutually exclusive unless you are talking about the paint breaking the target (or skin on the target)

cwest1977 01-14-2013 08:24 AM

Impact at walmart used to be pretty good. I think it was made by procaps at the time. I'm not too sure now though.

Axel 01-14-2013 11:23 AM

I personally had no problem with JT Elite from Wal-Mart this year, out of a Tippmann Carbine. Right now I'm messing around with some Draxxus woodsball branded paint from Dick's, out of a 98 w/RT. No problems so far that I would consider paint related. I need to do some more testing. What do you want to abhor it out of (gun)?

Axel 01-14-2013 11:25 AM

Abhor --> shoot. Autocorrect. Also, I haven't shot the Draxxus at human targets yet so no comment on breakability.

Paintballer50505 01-14-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwest1977 (Post 2592241)
Impact at walmart used to be pretty good. I think it was made by procaps at the time. I'm not too sure now though.

Impact seems to get better when left out in the feeezing cold then allowed to go back to room temp. I have noticed a similar effect with some other cheapo paint but the impact was awesome after the freeze thaw cycle. I recently did this with the cheap valken paint with decent gains.

Gains as in less dimples and a more brittle shell. Freezing any paint will make the shell more brittle though, the cheapo paint shells seam to stay less bouncy after they are back to room temp though. I do notice more leaking balls after doing this as well so I do it a day before I play in the winter.

Fill color has made a difference for me also. Bright fills like pinks and orange paint improves while white fill and the neon green/blue paint seems to suck more with this.

I did leave some impact in my car for a whole winter one year and it was absolutely fantastic when I finally shot it.

kethdredd 01-14-2013 11:36 AM

Paint gets shot out of a Tippman alpha black and a cheapo Spyder Rodeo. The cheapo paint at the field is $40 but I noticed quite a few bounces. Was hoping to alleviate that, but with budget paint, you pretty much get what you pay for.

Justus 01-14-2013 11:44 AM

Is it still cheap paint if you have to shoot twice as much to get a break on target? Just save yourself the headaches and buy quality paint to begin with. You'll be much happier with the performance, and your targets will thank you for not wounding them and staining their clothes too.

kethdredd 01-14-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justus (Post 2592377)
Is it still cheap paint if you have to shoot twice as much to get a break on target? Just save yourself the headaches and buy quality paint to begin with. You'll be much happier with the performance, and your targets will thank you for not wounding them and staining their clothes too.

I have an 11 year old that doesn't know the meaning of trigger control for one thing. Trust me, if it was just me, I would buy some mid grade paint and call it good.

Millar156 01-14-2013 01:17 PM

Used to be visible impact but i can't get it anymore. Valken Infinity seems to work well.