mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-14-2013, 07:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Go to cheap paint?

What's your best go to cheap paint? I just started playing at a BYOP field and was wondering what your favorite cheapo paint is? My requirements: paint must break when hitting target, should be available at big box stores (ie Dicks, WalMart).
kethdredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kethdredd View Post
My requirements: paint must break when hitting target, should be available at big box stores (ie Dicks, WalMart).
Around here those two requirements are usually mutually exclusive unless you are talking about the paint breaking the target (or skin on the target)
Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

Impact at walmart used to be pretty good. I think it was made by procaps at the time. I'm not too sure now though.
cwest1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
All hail Chad!

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
I personally had no problem with JT Elite from Wal-Mart this year, out of a Tippmann Carbine. Right now I'm messing around with some Draxxus woodsball branded paint from Dick's, out of a 98 w/RT. No problems so far that I would consider paint related. I need to do some more testing. What do you want to abhor it out of (gun)?
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
All hail Chad!

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Abhor --> shoot. Autocorrect. Also, I haven't shot the Draxxus at human targets yet so no comment on breakability.
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Paintballer50505

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwest1977 View Post
Impact at walmart used to be pretty good. I think it was made by procaps at the time. I'm not too sure now though.
Impact seems to get better when left out in the feeezing cold then allowed to go back to room temp. I have noticed a similar effect with some other cheapo paint but the impact was awesome after the freeze thaw cycle. I recently did this with the cheap valken paint with decent gains.

Gains as in less dimples and a more brittle shell. Freezing any paint will make the shell more brittle though, the cheapo paint shells seam to stay less bouncy after they are back to room temp though. I do notice more leaking balls after doing this as well so I do it a day before I play in the winter.

Fill color has made a difference for me also. Bright fills like pinks and orange paint improves while white fill and the neon green/blue paint seems to suck more with this.

I did leave some impact in my car for a whole winter one year and it was absolutely fantastic when I finally shot it.

Theres no me in suck but there is always u

Last edited by Paintballer50505; 01-14-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Paintballer50505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Paint gets shot out of a Tippman alpha black and a cheapo Spyder Rodeo. The cheapo paint at the field is $40 but I noticed quite a few bounces. Was hoping to alleviate that, but with budget paint, you pretty much get what you pay for.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
E-Tac Operator =

Is it still cheap paint if you have to shoot twice as much to get a break on target? Just save yourself the headaches and buy quality paint to begin with. You'll be much happier with the performance, and your targets will thank you for not wounding them and staining their clothes too.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Is it still cheap paint if you have to shoot twice as much to get a break on target? Just save yourself the headaches and buy quality paint to begin with. You'll be much happier with the performance, and your targets will thank you for not wounding them and staining their clothes too.
I have an 11 year old that doesn't know the meaning of trigger control for one thing. Trust me, if it was just me, I would buy some mid grade paint and call it good.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Used to be visible impact but i can't get it anymore. Valken Infinity seems to work well.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Millar156 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone