mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-18-2013, 01:44 AM   #21 (permalink)
abandoned SCPer

CCM Fan
Lightbulb

So I want to take this to the next level. I've started a paintball lesson plan google doc. It's public and can be viewed here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...emRSqTr-A/edit

gmore I think you're really onto something here. Let me know what you think of what I'm putting together, its clearly a work in progress but I would love constructive input.

Come on MCB, lets make paintball better.
Penarol10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:01 AM   #22 (permalink)

This is a great idea. I have been saying that gamers are potential paint ballers for a while. I see a lot of people piss and moan about kids at fields, probably for the first time and they call fields maps and make lots of CoD references. That is harmless. Kids, especially gamers and even adults who play these games eventually want to go out there and try paint ball. They think of it as a CoD but real. They can think of it as cops and robbers or cowboys and indians for all I care. As long as new players are going to fields and having fun. Now when I went with an adult who was way into CoD he was very excited to go but that enthusiasm dropped when he played because he was overwhelmed. When I went with my god son he had fun. But he never moved forward. He just sat in the back and that may get old for him. I think lessons would be great. For any new comers to the sport.
voad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #23 (permalink)
Old Fat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penarol10 View Post
So I want to take this to the next level. I've started a paintball lesson plan google doc. It's public and can be viewed here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...emRSqTr-A/edit

gmore I think you're really onto something here. Let me know what you think of what I'm putting together, its clearly a work in progress but I would love constructive input.

Come on MCB, lets make paintball better.
Thanks for that! Great idea. I will point constructive people to your page.

Can you please give me edit rights to the document. I really like what you have started and I want to add more.
gmore70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
abandoned SCPer

CCM Fan
Pm me your email and I'll add you to the doc
Old 01-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #25 (permalink)
Think,build,play,evolve.

Send a message via MSN to Shroker

The teaching is separate. It can be from regulars and other experienced players.
Almost every field and subject to some degree has some "play" to it. Yes, it doesn't have a unified play but that is because it comes down to what are you using.

Pump play involves having to move about and advance on your opponent more so than others.

Those that run speedball markers often suppress opponents. Allowing other team members to move up on opponents.

Mag-fed/milsim; similar to pump, is all about advancing the field and how to get around the challenges presented to yourself on your play style.

Online resource is very handy and all sorts of things can be done to provide information to basics and other sorts of fundementals. Postures, grips on the marker and little doodads that help maintaining your aim.

www.shroker.blogspot.com
www.parabine.com
Shroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #26 (permalink)
Paintball is my Obsession

I agree with the sentiment behind the videos. Making the parents understand the sport is the key, and this is a good way, but not the only way, to do it. Will lessons work everywhere, no. Will it work for everyone, no. No one taught me the sport. I wanted to play, so I egged and begged my parents to play. They knew nothing of the sport. I enveloped myself into the sport and picked it up quickly. Not everyone can do this. I always wanted to play ice hockey. Lessons were available, but I never took them. My parents wouldn't pay for them. They were too expensive, as is that section of that sport. But I did play street and deck hockey. That is one issue this idea could run into. How much could this cost? Our sport can be, and is very expensive. Also, there aren't fields around every corner. Not every school has a paintball club. There is not a single field within 45 minutes of me. That is extremely aggravating.

I think new player days, with reduced rates and available lessons would definitely help drum up some potential interest in the sport.

If I ever hit the lottery.... lol
pghp8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
Barned

I guess in a way refs are the lesson givers, but Gmore has a point. I think the issue though would be the general cost of things. If you were to go into teaching the basics of paintball to a newer player, how much would you charge? How long would you do it and would you be with them on the field, playing with them or guiding them like a ref sometimes does? I think this is a great idea, and will help parents understand paintball a lot better, but my main worry is that if these lessons are overpriced, parents will not want to even take their child for one day of rental paintball in the first place.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #28 (permalink)
abandoned SCPer

CCM Fan
So I just added a rationale to the lesson plan.

Feedback would be appreciated!
Old 01-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #29 (permalink)
Old Fat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penarol10 View Post
So I just added a rationale to the lesson plan.

Feedback would be appreciated!
I read it. Looks good. I am going to put it in my subconscious while I play today and see what ideas I can create.

Also...going on what I know...snowboarding and skiing, here is the course outline for snowboarding. I know, I know, its different, but the outline is a good place to get ideas.

Resource Center
Old 01-21-2013, 12:09 AM   #30 (permalink)
Old Fat Guy

My home field owner said yes to the idea. Win!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone