mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   well has been awhile.... (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/223976-well-has-been-awhile.html)

mustangii 01-19-2013 07:56 PM

well has been awhile....

I haven't been able to play in about 3 years. Money, jobs, and other things have come up. In sept of 2001 I was Fired from my job. I then worked for a small shop for cash, Started At Midas In Dec of 2011. Then in July of 2012 My wife was fired from her job of 14 years. Reason Hippa Violation. I believe it was just a reason to let her go, she turned 55 her last birthday. Bothwell has a history of getting rid of older employees, so they can hire someone younger at lower pay.I started looking for a new Job. found a new Job at Landmark Dodge in Independence MO. Been there since Sept 2012. It's going great. Plenty of work, 28 Hour a week grantee, "Union" benefits, Insurance Retirement, etc. Most of my collection of markers is gone. Sold to make ends meet. I have 2 Tippmanns left and parts to build about 3 or 4 markers once I get caught back up and can afford some parts to finish them up. The wife still hasn't found a job yet. She has been looking, but not much has come up. Sorry for crying on your shoulders, but just needed to vent.
edm

Donut SD 01-19-2013 08:06 PM

That's why we can be here. I hope things turn out for the better. It's a new year :) there's plenty to be able to look forward to and be thankful for.

HurtCow 01-19-2013 08:09 PM

You'll get back, buddy!

Falcon16 01-19-2013 10:03 PM

at least you kept a couple of reliable markers for when the situation was better. For me personally I'd sell every other marker to make ends meet but my phantom. if I was forced financially to hang up my mask so to speak it'd be right there beside it on my pegboard in it's holster (the phantom I mean) ready to rock when times were better. Thankfully for now I have a job but boy do I hate it but seeing your post is making me stick it out knowing others either don't have a job or are getting screwed at the one they have.

Silver 01-20-2013 01:56 AM

Mustang, if your ever in the KC area hit me up. We can split a case or work something out :)

mustangii 01-20-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver (Post 2598440)
Mustang, if your ever in the KC area hit me up. We can split a case or work something out :)

One of these days I'll make it over to Jaegers for a pumpday
I stiil have an old trracer. And I may buy a new spyder 7.

edm

99BPS 01-20-2013 01:34 PM

I'd say play pump even when others have semis. Easy way to keep playing on a shoestring budget imo!

But best of luck with everything man! As a student I know all too well the feeling of not being able to play. After rent + utilities I usually can choose between food shopping and paint XD.