mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to dbkid0486

I would keep the ego and buy a nice mech autococker for yourself and another ion for your wife.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Mr. Superman no es here

She didn't like the mag I had. She said it felt awkward when she used it. Plus, the elbows didn't hold well. If I get a new one, I want it to be center feed. If mags and cockers are that cheap, I might as well just keep the Ego.
shootdraxxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:39 PM   #13 (permalink)

I know how you feel. I play with my family. When I'm playing againts them, I use either a X-valved Minimag or some of my pumps while they use some of the electros (G4, E-bladed Cocker and/or Ion). They usually beat me but at the end we all had fun.
MR_Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Scewball, One Each

Send a message via Yahoo to DarkShadowHunter

I say keep the ego as your primary and get a simple mech that won't intimidate the rentals/beginners. I have seen more and more players using the space guns in scenarios simply because they are more reliable and more accurate than the low ends most people associate with woodsball. They are also lighter and more compact.

As for your wife, find out what she wants. Ask her if she wants brand new or if used would be ok. Then of course show her the B/S/T and have her look through the mech section and maybe even the pump section. If she wants a mech that is reliable and stupid easy to maintain I suggest a Piranha, Spyder, or similar stacked tube blow back, Just be cautious of any ViewLoader STBB markers. Tippmanns are also on the top of my list for mechs.
DarkShadowHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
Mr. Superman no es here

Here's what I got. Not a blemish on the thing. It even came with the original box it was sold in. Right now I'm in Arkansas, but soon I'll be moving to Las Vegas. I don't expect to be playing much woodsball there. Anyone got any insight of what the sport is like there? I appreciate everyone's thoughts, and suggestions. I really want to keep my wife interested in paintball because I do enjoy hanging out with her.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
08sdekim

Brass N Wood Fan
Classic mags can be found for ~70-120 these days. I wouldn't let the elbows scare you off. You can crank down some hose clamps on an APP elbow and it won't go anywhere.

I do feel your pain on the pretty gun issue haha. When I lived at school we couldn't have equipment in our dorms so I bought a cheap mag to throw in my trunk and never take care of. It was supposed to be my crappy knock around gun but now it's my default semi.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootdraxxus View Post
Nice!

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
Mr. Superman no es here

Thanks Dash. It was a gun I never thought I'd be able to afford. Well I wasn't gonna drop a grand on a paintball gun either so when I saw this one for sale within what I was willing to spend, I jumped on it. As far as I can tell, it's a happy medium as far as EGO's go. It's new enough to not have those noid problems, but old enough to not just be updated with a little thing here and there.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootdraxxus View Post
Sorry friend, it's black and gold. You rekindled my love for it though.
It would match my jag. FFFfff. I hate being broke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Tetsu
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.
Pif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #20 (permalink)

I say get a trilogy cocker for your wife.Before you go trashing it,hear me out.First of all,they can be had for about $50 in almost immaculate on ebay.And if you have ever got into cockers,you would probably think they are really ****ty.But,they are actually well performing guns.I do alot with cockers,and I still like to use them as beater guns.Also,the enmey would be a good choice for its simplicity,but I suggest you pick up a couple Trillys and have a ball(no pun intended).
paintballguy2255 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone