mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-22-2013, 11:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Storage ideas

Hey fellas,

Got a question about gear storage. I have a bit of an issue that is bugging me. Between me, my wife and kids I have to haul 4 large duffel bags to go play on top of various marker cases. Their bags are full of one spare marker, mask, tanks, spare parts, pods and pod harness + their primary marker case. I have a duffel bag that has a small tub full of extra parts and some tools, a case of o-rings, 4 small cases of specific marker parts, 5 different hoppers for my markers, 4 tanks (2 68 and 2 13ci) and a few barrels. My mask hangs on the side on its own bag and 3 of markers are laid on top of all this mess loose and one in its case along with 3 extra masks. Between all this, paint and 2 scuba tanks, the back of my pathfinder is packed pretty full. Thank god that I only have to travel about 5 miles to play.

Now for what I'm looking for is for one easy storage solution at least for my stuff (the high lighted items). I was thinking of getting a gear bag but I refuse to pay $200+ for a bag that has some popular name brand on it (yes I'm cheap). I am a neat freak and all this gear everywhere drives me crazy. I take all this equipment because most of the time I'm loaning equipment to new kids that are getting interested on the sport. I wanted to see pictures of what you guys are using, along with some recommendations. I was thinking using plastic tubs but not sure how I could accommodated everything while making it easily accessible.

Thanks
MR_Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I use one of these. Gear for 3 people and 6-8 markers with room to spare. Plus it makes a great seat for outlaw ball.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (28.3 KB, 172 views)
brew52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Paintball Fox

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Gear Bags
PaintballGear / Ansgear
Feedback
Was sponsored by(2010):
Point Of View Cameras - For your helmet camera needs
Quote:
Originally Posted by destro7976 View Post
Yeah that's the plan. I want to play with it this summer and see if I can develop a relationship with her. Good luck with your sale man.
BenoitOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

05 jt suv roller gearbag, best gearbag ever made and i think i paid $60 for it. i usually put 2 masks, a 68/45, a 45/45, a 13/3, a 9oz, a vsc phantom with solid t stock, 2 electros, a mag, a sniper, knee pads, elbow pads, a towell, a change of clothes, 2-3 barrel kits, a pgp, lots of tool, spare parts, squeegees, like 3-4 hoppers and a pocket hopper or 2. everything i need to play anything and fix everything. top zips of and becomes a satchel that holds all your tools and spare parts etc. then inside there is separate compartment for clean clothes. comes with 2 zip lock padded cases that you can attach inside the gearbag using velcro so you can make the dividers whatever size you want. really a great bag if you can find one thats not to beat up. thats what i use and i will be sad the thing finally falls apart. but it's holding strong so far.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by brew52 View Post
I use one of these. Gear for 3 people and 6-8 markers with room to spare. Plus it makes a great seat for outlaw ball.
got a link for that?
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:58 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
got a link for that?
^what he said
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballsmrf View Post
05 jt suv roller gearbag, best gearbag ever made and i think i paid $60 for it. i usually put 2 masks, a 68/45, a 45/45, a 13/3, a 9oz, a vsc phantom with solid t stock, 2 electros, a mag, a sniper, knee pads, elbow pads, a towell, a change of clothes, 2-3 barrel kits, a pgp, lots of tool, spare parts, squeegees, like 3-4 hoppers and a pocket hopper or 2. everything i need to play anything and fix everything. top zips of and becomes a satchel that holds all your tools and spare parts etc. then inside there is separate compartment for clean clothes. comes with 2 zip lock padded cases that you can attach inside the gearbag using velcro so you can make the dividers whatever size you want. really a great bag if you can find one thats not to beat up. thats what i use and i will be sad the thing finally falls apart. but it's holding strong so far.
This sounds similar to me. My pumps (Phantom and Line SI Bushy both with T-stocks) take most of my room. My Minimag is my "Precious" and I don't want to just through it. My Etek has its own case.

Last edited by MR_Rick; 01-23-2013 at 01:03 AM.
MR_Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
got a link for that?
Looks like Kobalt tools. Lowes would be the first place I would look.

EDIT: Found it here http://www.lowes.com/pd_395269-61896...cetInfo=Kobalt

We are lucky to still be talking about paintball.
Feedback

Last edited by The Flounder; 01-23-2013 at 08:21 AM.
The Flounder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Sorry for the late reply but yes it is a kobalt box. Picked it up at the local Lowe's. Works great, small tools and parts go in the removable tray, everything else in the bottom. Lid is oring sealed so I can throw it in the bed and not worry about weather.
brew52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
on temporary hiatus

The integrated tool chest with wheels is a great idea, but I've been using standard tubs and a folding dolly (this one) for quite a few years now. The nice part is that I can use it for things other than paintball (it was actually useful when we moved a year or so ago). However, something like that Kobalt cart? I'm tempted to trade out my setup for one of those now. Fancy!

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

My feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone