mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

Went to a pirate-themed scenario game once that was stick-and-stock class feed only.
Most people were playing using semis with short lengths of 3/4" PVC stuck in the feednecks to act as tube adapters, but I used my PGP2.
Very fun.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

squidvision, that etha pic you posted, is that one of the bt sa-17 spring feeds?

If so,can you post or pm some other pics and elaborate on how it fits without rail mounting? I've been wanting a spring feed for my pmi trracer but don't feel like shelling out $100 on a palmers just yet.

I might take a shot at making one while I'm at school, but it would be nice to know I have options in case I decide to try fabricating something else
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Phone winner.

I've used limited paint as much as possible when I go semi. I shoot no faster with semi than pump anyway. This smart parts crap was so quiet and accurate it was like cheating.

Here I got gogged by nightmare lb from about 160 feet or so. When one of those goes off you best be ducking.

Last edited by El Super Beasto; 01-24-2013 at 09:18 PM.
El Super Beasto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
I sometimes play with a fifty round hopper on my angel and use ten round tubes to feed it with a 13/3k. Now that is fun.
Extra Gear Sale

Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Freelance Aphorist

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by [MOOSE] View Post
I sometimes play with a fifty round hopper on my angel and use ten round tubes to feed it with a 13/3k. Now that is fun.
Yep. I do the same with my Axe. Lots of fun!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
squidvision, that etha pic you posted, is that one of the bt sa-17 spring feeds?

If so,can you post or pm some other pics and elaborate on how it fits without rail mounting? I've been wanting a spring feed for my pmi trracer but don't feel like shelling out $100 on a palmers just yet.

I might take a shot at making one while I'm at school, but it would be nice to know I have options in case I decide to try fabricating something else
its basically the same thing but its from the empire sniper! they just attach directly to any ego style feed neck. i am also finding they work just fine with any kind of warp feed/power feed/right/left feed necks:
(i have to cut this one down a bit yet)

If you have a tracer though (new one?) you should be able to mount the SA-17 mag directly.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

Ah! Got it now, thanks for narrowing down my search too. I finally found mutli angle photos of the bt one and there really doesn't seem to be any option for using it with anything but rails from the way it's built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sQuidvision View Post

If you have a tracer though (new one?) you should be able to mount the SA-17 mag directly.
old style pmi. the stick feed I built works fine, and the feed neck itself works great for cram-n-jam but a spring feed would be a nice option if for nothing but fancy points. A member here made one from a PT Xtreme clip and a spyder sight rail, but I'm not enthused about cutting up the body to make it work.

Edit again: Found the empire sniper ones for sale in one of my bookmarks. O.K. price too. I'll invest in one down the road.

Last edited by Melvin; 01-28-2013 at 11:50 PM.
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:58 AM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran

CCM Fan
i didnt think this many people do this. i might have to give it a go.
Jello78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #19 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to panhead4411

i made some little PVC right angle deals that fit into the clamping feedneck and modified the receiving end to be just the right amount of tension to hold a tube in, yet be easy enough to swap them, its kinda fun playing like that.

Also use something similar to have my own version of a non-spring fed 'longbow.' Haven't used that in years though, might give it a go at the next game i go to with decent weather.

There is also the homemade 60rnd hopper that almost never leaves my semi, unless i am trying to get rid of the reject paint left over at the end of the year.

Tube..

"long-bow"

Last edited by panhead4411; 01-25-2013 at 09:44 PM.
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I've got a center SC feed on my phantom, a sanchez machine feed for my OC marker, my Illusion is SC and I'm actually thinking I may run my level X classic mag with a small 50rd hopper and a 13/3K I'm also debating running my enmey with a 13/3K and the sportshot on it for a light setup.

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone