mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-28-2013, 10:56 AM   #31 (permalink)
E-Tac Operator =

I remember one backyard game I played before I really knew anything about paintball... it was myself, my cousin, and my bro-in-law. We decided to play in the tall grasses behind my parents' house, which stood about 7' tall at some points. We all started in the center and decided to take about 15 paces in different directions before saying "GO". Well, we got about 4 or 5 paces out and I shouted "GO!" and my cousin and I both turned and shot my bro-in-law in the back 2 or 3 times each. He's not a little feller, he's about 6'4", 260 lbs... and he dropped like a sack of potatoes. We laughed so hard. But he exacted his revenge too. We all walked back home with more than a few welts.

Man was that stupid. But all you can do about the memory now is to shake your head and laugh.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #32 (permalink)
Bolt Action/Pistol Player

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
S.C.A.R. is run this way, as are the MCB Splattttttt Land games.

The best way to play!

S.C.A.R. - The Simulated Combat Association of Rhode Island - S.C.A.R. on Facebook - My MCB Feedback - Meet "The Devil's Brass"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgorman47 View Post
The devil's brass uses an evil sighting system powered by juju obtained from the deep and ominous laughter from the gun's owner himself.......seriously playing in a game against Born4Evil , and you see him sneaking your way, then BAM and all you hear is something to the effect of "Haha can't get away from the Devil's Brass!" Born4Evil seriously sounds like the devil himself, and its awesome. That gun is hands down the most badass gun in my mind.

Last edited by Born4Evil; 01-28-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Born4Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:34 AM   #33 (permalink)

That is how I only used to play up until 2010. Moved on to Woodsball and Speedball at local fields. I find it to be a little bit more fun. More people, free air, and more paint if I need it.
Steve_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:25 AM   #34 (permalink)

We place about once a month in the summer at land my family owns. Largest group we have had so far was 27 people. We chrony every single gun before we play. Require barrel plugs to the safe zones and until the horn sounds to start. If I don't like how someone is acting, I will remove them from our land and tell them to not come back. I don't like idiots potentially ruining things for everyone.
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:37 AM   #35 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

CCM Fan
Back in 05-07 we played a lot in the woods behind my parents house. We had a handheld chrono and the game was kept simple. Low round count because you were limited by the amount of air you could bring. It was common for both the pumps and semis to not have more than 50rds a game. We'd play all day then order pizza and play Halo when it got dark.

Easily the best time I've ever have playing paintball.
Some pics of the field, long since torn down =(

A teammate knows a group that still plays once a month, as it's the only field they have. I enjoy going down and still playing outlaw, but there is something to be said about a field that is poison ivy free LOL

Jay

Best Field in STL
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #36 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I've played outlaw a a few times. A buddy of my dad has 5 acres of woods behind his house. We just let the neighbors know we are in there and post signs and usually get some caution tape too. Only ever been hassled once by a cop and once we pointed out our safety stuff and the fact that all the homeowners knew about it he backed off heck he came to play a few weeks later. Next adventure in non commercial play will be playing witrh ratzo and his church group on their property

Feedback +34/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:56 AM   #37 (permalink)
Stock class SPAM

We usually play in the woods. Last time we played we went to my home field. This place is a mobility nightmare! Gotta move slow and steady.

808Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone