mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #11 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Eh, its hard to say with the crew i'm talking about. The thing with those dudes is they are real vets. So when they play hard I can understand. And they don't try and bonus ball, they just throw a lot of paint. They also move up VERY fast and shoot a lot. I was saying not all the groups are the same. I have issues with some of these groups but the guys I was talking about are good guys. They help everyone, they know the sport, and they are funny and chill between games and stuff. (always smokin in their van, huge clouds of cannabis smoke when they emerge). But they do play hard, no saying they don;t.

The ones who try and make up for a life spent in basement on COD 4 are the ones that drive me up the wall.
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Even with a black belt in pump-fu, marking them doesn't usually change them. If anything you just get bonus balled more later. Yeah I've had to deal with dumbass players over the years like many people have. But in most cases it's one or two here and there. The squads seem to have a mob mentality to them. If one guys starts up the rest follow. I don't go out of my way to talk to them. I've had them approach me to check out my kp2 or other odd gear. This is when most of the problems start.
Reality Compromised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #13 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Story! Story! Story!
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Compromised View Post
Even with a black belt in pump-fu, marking them doesn't usually change them. If anything you just get bonus balled more later. Yeah I've had to deal with dumbass players over the years like many people have. But in most cases it's one or two here and there. The squads seem to have a mob mentality to them. If one guys starts up the rest follow. I don't go out of my way to talk to them. I've had them approach me to check out my kp2 or other odd gear. This is when most of the problems start.
If they ask you for something, make gratuitous eye contact and say "I don't like you." Then walk away.

It's super effective.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #15 (permalink)

This is what you need to play paintball in, the daft punk robot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrxxLsk31nc

GHPBOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
You can camo and tactical yourself out if thats your deal go ahead.You can camo and tactical yourself out smartly to.I live by the if it serves no purpose why carry it motto.I don't need a vest to carry stuff I wear a a pod pack or my stockclass stuff all done in multi cam.I don't roll with a radio usually at scenarios I got to the shooting.Even my gun which is some form of pump or pistol no flash light or lasers.
Alot of the tactical guys I see god bless them they try hard.I did 8 years in the Army served in 3 combat zones bullets are alot diffrent than pb's. I read their post about games and how unstopable they were and all the cool pics of them in their gear. I am thinking there's no pics of me because I was always up front batting.
I can sum it up with a quick story.I ran with this tactical team when my team was out reloading.There was this open area with a large amount fire coming across it.These guys are stacked up under cover.I'm like hey lets move.Their squad leader leader says no we will wait for our heavy gunner to deploy the bipod and give us supported cover fire.If it's your thing it's your thing I don't hate on then.
casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I think we're already getting off base from what I'm trying to do. The whole rant at the start of the thread was more or less the reasoning behind the whole project. To take the game way less serious. Granted there are squads out there with members who have decent heads on their shoulders. I don't want to bother them. My main reason to build this is fun, hence the videogame theme role playing as the player personality itself. The target of the costume is for those COD type players who rage at people and carry on being a dick for no apparent reason.

Carrying 25lbs. of tatical gear. Or about that in a mobile sound system for cheap laughs. Either way it's what you want to do.

Looking for the sound effects from the friday the 13th movies. The ch ch ha ha kill kill kill ones. Would be funny as hell in a halloween game.

Last edited by Reality Compromised; 01-26-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Reality Compromised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
Barned

I can see where you're coming from here. Not to hate on all tactical/milsim players but I think they do it to indulge in their egos. [Am I saying that right?] I was playing with a guy the other day who had like 3 different setups for his A5, stocks,shrouds, the whole package. He felt it was necessary to announce to the entire room that he was changing his barrel bore. Like karnokr said, some milsim players think it's more important to create an 'image' for themselves than actually playing.

From another perspective, a lot of people who play paintball join because of the milsim appeal to it. If we didn't have milsim players there definitly wouldn't be many people wanting to try out paintball.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
E-Tac Operator =

You've totally got to go Rob Riggle on 'em if you want to do it right.

Example: Crappy quality, but it's all I could find without exhausting a lot of time:

Edit: NSFW language
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D_9zmLRCa0
Old 01-26-2013, 04:21 PM   #20 (permalink)

Live, and let live.
Cottontail is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone