mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
You've totally got to go Rob Riggle on 'em if you want to do it right.

Example: Crappy quality, but it's all I could find without exhausting a lot of time:

Edit: NSFW language
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D_9zmLRCa0
Best PB movie ever.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

ANYONE that thinks they are better than anyone else is a Douche. Period.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Amen to that. There is always someone out there better than you at something, doesn't give anyone the right to look down on others.

GHPBOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #24 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

For the speakerpack I was thinking some kind of hard backpack style box with a cord running to a wrist mounted 1st gen ipod mini. I could house the battery in it and use the box itself like a normal car speaker box. Some cheap computer speakers or something. But I need it to be loud and not sound like garbage. Keeping in mind it will only be on for 5 minutes at a time max. But it has to last all day. or have multiple batteries ready.

Wait until you have some enemies defending a base and play the wasteland villain speech from mad max. Just walk away and everyone lives, just walk away.

wtb rebline mkII

Last edited by Reality Compromised; 01-26-2013 at 05:42 PM. Reason: God I suck at typing.
Reality Compromised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:01 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
That's effing-a right! This is the 21st century... Everyone gets a medal. No matter what!

I like how we've swung from disliking unrealistic people, to listening to unrealistic people on the opposite spectrum.

Reality check. Some people are better at things than other people.

Last edited by alpha434; 01-26-2013 at 06:05 PM.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #26 (permalink)
RLTW

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
That's effing-a right! This is the 21st century... Everyone gets a medal. No matter what!

I like how we've swung from disliking unrealistic people, to listening to unrealistic people on the opposite spectrum.

Reality check. Some people are better at things than other people.
Yup!

Be kind and leave feedback:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Kearns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #27 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Need some song suggestions. Mainly technoish stuff or just plain epic songs and march into battle stuff. Video game remixes would be sweet as well. Have mjohior mix from halo sp? and scotland the brave drum and pipes. I'm liking this song lately from the psg cartoon/ anime.

[PSG] Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt - I want you - YouTube

wtb rebline mkII
Reality Compromised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #28 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Bump Daft Punk (Harder, Better, Faster Stronger)

Infected Mushroom's remix of Foo Fighters "The Pretender"

Werk it - by Hyper Crush

Anything by The Girls Can Hear Us!

In for the Kill (Skrillx remix of La ruex)

Infected Mushroom's Becoming Insane/Sa'ied/Smashing the Opponent

Pretty Lights - Anything
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:10 PM   #29 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Compromised View Post
I know it's just a game and everyone has their own style. But this has been bothering me for a while now...

Is anyone else tired of tactical "squads" attitudes at big games? During the 2012 season a ran into more wannabe warriors than was tolerable. I tried, I really did. Imagine six guys in their 20's not kids. With 1k+ worth of gear each, not counting guns. 1k worth of non paintball dead weight. That tell you they have only been playing for a couple years. And they think they are pro. Pop up tent with banners, youtube channel, facebook page, the works. Then they talk down to you with a level of arrogance that makes you wish something would fall from space and just rip this guys head off. Me standing there with a patch jacket on, with paintball patches over 10 years old on it. Carting around a gun that I built myself. With 13 years spent in the sport I've just had enough.

Back when camo wasn't cool and most of the big egos were on the air bunkers; we in the woods had peace. But now the woods are in and paintball is being marketed to the tacticool generation of paintballers. I'm not debating whether or not milsim is good for the sport. I've had my share of toy solider guns. But to spend $120+ to play a big game and be treated poorly because the event has been swayed to squad based missions. I've talked to other players at events that told me they would not return to the field because of the "army guys" being idiots. This puts me further into the woods playing outlaw. In the end the almighty dollar wins. They spend more, it's a business, I get it. End rant.

So after all that being said. I still like big games especially ones based on video games. Mainly because you don't have to take them seriously. With that in mind. I'm planning on building a counterstrike audio spam costume. If you don't know what that is look up the video cs personalities. And use it to hunt down squads with it. Only the over the top "hardcore" ones that make themselves a nuisance to others. And just have fun with it at big games.
either this, or you get smug speedball teams. you just can't win no matter what style of paintball is in.

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #30 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Compromised View Post
Need some song suggestions. Mainly technoish stuff or Video game remixes would be sweet as well.
Go with Powerglove. The sounds of Nerd Metal will carry better than techno anyway. Also there is no reason to build some overly heavy speaker box contraption when you can just plug your Ipod into a megaphone. Especially when said megaphone is in the $30 range. Looks like you'd still be able to carry a marker. Pyle 50W Piezo Dynamic Megaphone - Walmart.com
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone