mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-29-2013, 12:33 AM   #51 (permalink)
Perfection will suffice

Fun for it's own sake, eh?

Well, why didn't you say so? And hand-filing brass is never wasted, methinks. Just didn't want to see a fellow MCBer waste time on silly persons, for their sake.

But I agree, it does sound humorous. And with any luck, some of your thicker problem players may get the hint.

Good times.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #52 (permalink)
MCB Member

But it is a complete waste if you do not have video to capture all of the moments....cause so far the play list is awesome

On the OP part though...you are going to run into people like that in every sport and more specifically every genre of paintball. You have your over the top tacticool dweebs just like you got your "I spent $2,000 on my Dye, we have a sponsor, and I can shoot ropes" type that you can find on the speedball courts as well.

I am just like "So what. Can you congratulate a player for getting you out or do you just get mad and claim it was a bounce?" "So what. Can you help a new player find the best position on the field and provide covering fire while they capture the flag or make the elimination?" or "So what...besides helping the sport economically, what are you doing to promote fair play, good sportsmanship, and an all around atmosphere that makes people want to come back?"

Don't get me wrong...I think the music aspect has style...in a good way. And look forward to hearing of the exploits once you all dethaw up there.
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #53 (permalink)
Post Whore

I'd rather have the rubber knife wielding helmet wearing larper than the speedballers who bogs the wheelsgame down wwith his stupid Rof any day. But elitism no matter what clothing your wearing is a no no. Anyone who takes the game too seriously is already someone I won't talk to. Regardless if your wearing a jersey or a Molly rig. And just think of all that dumbass gear their wearing as an advantage for you. Personally I've long since given up trying to take the game a seriously or even as a sport. It's just a game to me. Which is very liberating because now I don't care if you wear your silly dynasty jersey or your 60 pnds of gear with camo that doesn't even match the blue pallet bunker your hiding in.

I mean there's plenty to complain about if you take the game too seriously so why bother. Maybe the dorky nerf rockets or the even dorkier "tanks". Aka camo painted golf cart or suburban or etc. Honestly I don't care anymore I just go out there and try to have fun. Sometimes I have to try harder than I'd want to.

But oh well. If nothing else those elitists you mentioned are always good for a laugh. Like when you see them at the end s of the day sweating buckets hauling around their supply of crap. Or how they can't properly tuck into a bunker with all their junk hindering them.

The best and worst thing about our game is all the personal interpretation that's available. It's cool cause it inspires variety but it's also not cool cause than you get people who take it too far. The only real crime is the person who take it too seriously.

My favorite player isthe guy rrunning around in a Hawaiian shirt and a pair of old blue jeans and some random gun of his liking. Sure he may or may not be an epic player. But he's fun and entertaining and chances are he's not gonna get in any bodies face
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #54 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Rule #1 of paintball: There is another game or reinsertion. You don't actually die.

Those playing simulated war do not appreciate it when you take advantage of that. For instance laying in ambush and taking as many as you can with you in a suicidal attack.... not appreciated.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #55 (permalink)
Post Whore

Or the guy who I watch at the last mini scenario I went to run up to some tacticool guy with his hands in the shape of guns and went pew pew surrender! And the guy surrendered before realizing the dude had no gun. It was fantastic
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #56 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
Rule #1 of paintball: There is another game or reinsertion. You don't actually die.

Those playing simulated war do not appreciate it when you take advantage of that. For instance laying in ambush and taking as many as you can with you in a suicidal attack.... not appreciated.
Especially within reach of the reinsertion "window".
Old 01-30-2013, 12:10 AM   #57 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
That's effing-a right! This is the 21st century... Everyone gets a medal. No matter what!

I like how we've swung from disliking unrealistic people, to listening to unrealistic people on the opposite spectrum.

Reality check. Some people are better at things than other people.
I agree to a point. There is however a difference between knowing you're better and being humble, and thinking you're better and being a douche about it.

Me, I've been playing on and off for 17 years and I know I suck, but sometimes I have my day. I've yet to have someone take issue with anything I've done on the field.

Who knows, maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:58 AM   #58 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
I agree to a point. There is however a difference between knowing you're better and being humble, and thinking you're better and being a douche about it.

Me, I've been playing on and off for 17 years and I know I suck, but sometimes I have my day. I've yet to have someone take issue with anything I've done on the field.

Who knows, maybe I'm doing it wrong?
Thank you.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:05 AM   #59 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I think there are enough go pros on the field as it is. Recording it would take away from how random the encounter is. I like how you only see novelty gimmick stuff show up at themed scenarios. It's like comicon with guns.
Reality Compromised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:41 AM   #60 (permalink)
MCB Member

I understand what the OP is saying. Some guys just take it over the top. The guys that I was running with were all pretty relaxed. Even though we called ourselves a Scenario Paintball Team, we were really just a group of guys that got along and loved to throw fairly massive amounts of paint at people. On occassion though, we ran with another group that was "sponsored" and gave themselves all military call names and such. IIRC, they even had rankings which I found comical. They were somewhat organized, so we did run with them at times, but the barking of orders and military style crap annoyed me after awhile. At one point, one of their guys was trying to "order" me and some others to trudge through 6 inches of muck in a cattail swamp to protect our flank. He wasn't particularly happy with my response that included a suggestion that was physically impossible. When I explained that it was just a game and that if someone from the opposing team was willing to make their way through that crap, that they were a better player than me and wanted it more than I did. I eventually would steer clear of these guys for the most part. Made my life a lot easier.

Last edited by OPBN; 01-31-2013 at 11:36 AM.
OPBN is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone